Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want some better than normal oil for reels. Not your standard oil or synthetic, I want something a little better than that.

Anyone have 2 cents.

P.s. I have been using the good old penn synthetic grease and oil.

·
Registered
97 Posts
For the parts that need grease, I have been using Yamaha Marine Grease on all of my reels. Not on the drag washers though.

For oil, I have been using ReelX.

Blaine

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,306 Posts
Yamaha or OMC blue triple guard grease. Cal's reel and drag grease for the drag washers. CorrosionX for oiling.

Even on Shimano's that use open bearings I pack them with grease. If you want a high rate of freespool use the CorrsionX.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Reel Grease and OIl

Vaseline for the gears and a good grade of mineral oil for the bearings. C2

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Alan Tani for President! Ocean Master is right on! I'm a Tanite, too.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow lot of reading and trials, but exactly what I needed to know.

Guess I'll be ordering some oil after christmas.

Thanks again

·
Registered
710 Posts
Alan Tani and Alan Hawk are reel gods and have tested about every product out there to get the best performance out of your reel.You can purchase the products from them also.

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,306 Posts
Ordered some tsi 301 today, gonna try it.

Thanks again for the input.

The TSI brand of oil is great for spool bearing's and other high speed bearing's like used in bait casting reels or other reels used for casting.

The ReelX or CorrosionX is a better choice for corrosion protection. If you want a super fast free spool the Xtreme Reel + is great but they have found you need to apply it more often.

I have one application bottle that I mix TSI 321 with CorrosionX for the best of both.

·
Registered
43 Posts
this is your choice. i use penn lubes in penn reels- drag, gears, and every thing else. it works besides that the ball is in your court and it is your choice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts