Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where's the best / easiest to get to public launch for quick access to Pensacola Pass when trailering in from I-10?

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
The most secure ramp is the Big Lagoon State Park off Gulf Beach Highway. Take the Pine Forest Exit off I-10 and come down Pine Forest to Blue Angel Parkway. Take Blue Angel about 7-8 mile to Gulf Beach Highway, right on Gulf Beach about 4 miles to Gulf Beach and Bauer take left into State Park. Park is about 6 miles from the Pass.:letsdrink

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses guys. I've been to Shoreline Park before, that's really a nice little facility. Is the setup at Big Lagoon as nice?

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Big lagoon is a State Park, with camping sites, nature trails etc. The best part of launching the boat there VS Shoreline in my opinion is if the wind gets kicked up out of the east or west the bay is going to get choppy. Its nice to be able to open up the throttle in the lagoon as soon as you get through the pass on the way back to the ramp at big lagoon. Where I am staying in town would make my biggest decision on shoreline or Big Lagoon State Park....

·
Registered
13,533 Posts
I just launched at Big Lagoon on 11/27/09, it cost $12.00.

$6.00 to enter the park and $6.00 to launch. Yes it is a good launch, the current can get you if it moving allot.

Shoreline or Navy Point I like.

Just past the State park is Galvez at Hub Stacies on the Point.

Sanders Beach is dredged now as well. And Pensacola Shipyard costs but it is also good to leave your car overnight in. But it is a long ride down Bayou Chico to Pensacola Bay.

Then there is both the launches on either side of the penscola Bay Bridge - 3 mile bridge.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
BananaTom (12/15/2009)I just launched at Big Lagoon on 11/27/09, it cost $12.00.

$6.00 to enter the park and $6.00 to launch. Yes it is a good launch, the current can get you if it moving allot.

Sanders Beach is dredged now as well. And Pensacola Shipyard costs but it is also good to leave your car overnight in. But it is a long ride down Bayou Chico to Pensacola Bay.

Then there is both the launches on either side of the penscola Bay Bridge - 3 mile bridge.

I prefer navy point. Big parking lot. Nice ramp. Close to the pass than Shoreline by about a mile.

AND ITS FREE, and only one tiny little no wake zone when you round the corner

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
BananaTom (12/15/2009)I just launched at Big Lagoon on 11/27/09, it cost $12.00.

Fyi,you have used SL before you may know BUT,

When launching at Shoreline / 3 mile GB sideon the weekends it will be a $10:00 launch fee or annual pass for $50.00

Jimmy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts