Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here is the deal.... My hub (collinscraft) and his bro(bassn8ed) ditched me to go fish some lake in Ponce De Leon.... That is not the question just the forward to the question..

Me and My girlfriend have decided that we don't need a man to fish, as a matter of fact we have placed a challnge girls against boys, who gets the biggest fish!!! 5 dollars goin to the winner... My problem is, they are goin to a lake and bass fishin with live shiners... I need some help to figure out where the most likely to catch a fish spot would be today after lunch, cause that is when we girls will finally be able to get away!!! Another problem, I am a novice(at best) and my girl has not fished for years... Please help me guys!!!! I don't need the 5 bucks, but, it is the principle of the thing :angel

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
So are you looking for Fresh or saltwater fishing? Dont forget you still need a lincese to fish from shore now adays..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have salty licenses... Big Kenny suggested that we go to Greenshore park, so we will start there.. I know the laws and I have an AP on my phone for anything I can't handle, including size charts and species.... So we got that covered, just catching the thing is our problem!!!

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
If you dont get anything there, I'd try over by the 3-mile bridge on the pensacola side. If thats not too far from you.

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
Because when they brought in all that sand and rocks, it was called "Project Greenshores". The purpose is to provide a nursery for fish and also they put some oysters in there to kind of filter the bay. I've never seen anybody fishing in there but I don't think it's prohibited.

They sure ruined a lot of heavy equipment driving in that saltwater when they were building it.

You might go to one of those "pay to fish" farm ponds and catch a big catfish. I believer there's one on Munson Hwy. Look in the yellow pages.

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
welldoya (10/25/2009)Because when they brought in all that sand and rocks, it was called "Project Greenshores". The purpose is to provide a nursery for fish and also they put some oysters in there to kind of filter the bay. I've never seen anybody fishing in there but I don't think it's prohibited.

They sure ruined a lot of heavy equipment driving in that saltwater when they were building it.

You might go to one of those "pay to fish" farm ponds and catch a big catfish. I believer there's one on Munson Hwy. Look in the yellow pages.
Ahh, I see I have seen a few people walking around in there with some nets. Not sure if they ever cought anything, Then I have also seen a few people taking pics of chics in there swim-suits on the rocks that are sticking out of the water..

·
Registered
174 Posts
LIKE I SAID THEY ARE ALOT OF FISH THERE AND BAIT ALWAYS HOLDS UP THERE. THERE IS GOOD WADE FISHING ALONG THE ROCK PILES TOO

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well... Thanks for all the input, we didn't do much good... I caught a rock fish at Greenshore, and a small Black snapper at the Pickens pier... I am sure you can all catch the report from the guys soon under the freshwater reports, with pics... They definetly won!!! My hub caught the lunker 2.8 lb Bass!! YEE HAW, fish fry!!:bowdown

1 - 15 of 15 Posts