Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Yeti 45, but it's not a good boat cooler for me. My boat doesn't have a fish box, so I need to maximize the amount of cooler space I can fit under my seat. I will never need to hold ice over 24 hours in the cooler. The trade off off wall thickness and weight in the yeti or other thick-walled coolers just don't work for my situation. I want something rugged. I have had good luck with the Coleman coolers in the past. Anyone have a recommendation?

·
Bearded Brotula
12,720 Posts
Yeti's don't hold ice that well when they get opened and closed all day. Not really what the roto molded coolers were designed for. I bought a bunch of Coleman Xtreme Marine coolers at their tent sale a few years back. Use them for crawfish and occasionally drinks. They hold ice well and the stainless hinges are a must over the cheap plastic hinges.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Yeti's don't hold ice that well when they get opened and closed all day. Not really what the roto molded coolers were designed for. I bought a bunch of Coleman Xtreme Marine coolers at their tent sale a few years back. Use them for crawfish and occasionally drinks. They hold ice well and the stainless hinges are a must over the cheap plastic hinges.
This by far.

Your next best bet in your situation is fish bags.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I use my yeti to make ice to put in my Coleman extreme.....

Reactions: MrFish

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[/QUOTE
This by far.

Your next best bet in your situation is fish bags.
Any recommendations there, our are they all about the same?

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Have you seen the RTIC 52? I got one for my FIL for Christmas and it fits great under the leaning post.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have you seen the RTIC 52? I got one for my FIL for Christmas and it fits great under the leaning post.
It looks light, but it still has super thick walls. Really good looking cooler, but I am trying to maximize my space available.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
I know you said no roto molded but I have a like new rtic 52 I will sell only had beer in it twice it is 27inches across the top I believe

·
Registered
962 Posts
Any recommendations there, our are they all about the same?
For bags, I like the actual PVC lined bags. They are really durable. I have had just about every type over the years. Get one that opens up all the way. That makes them significantly easier to clean becuase you can lay them flat and scrub them.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For bags, I like the actual PVC lined bags. They are really durable. I have had just about every type over the years. Get one that opens up all the way. That makes them significantly easier to clean becuase you can lay them flat and scrub them.
That makes really good sense, thank for the tip.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts