Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very good friend of mine is moving from St Louis to Miami in a few weeks. Where would be the best closest deer hunting for him with money not being an issue? I was thinking around the Tallahassee area or do you think maybe SW GA?

·
Registered
516 Posts
To join a club or lease, I'm assuming?

Just east of Tallahassee, from Chaires to Greenville, there is some beautiful woods and GIANT deer. A lot of agriculture in this area so they grow big. I know a few guys that hunt out that way and consistently kill boone and crockett bucks.... That being said, you also can't go wrong with south GA.

·
Banned
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I'd assume it would be a top notch club or lease. He's a surgeon so it's not really an issue on money just as long as its got deer

·
Registered
70 Posts
+1 on Gainesville. We have tons of protected state land (paynes prairie,Austin carry preserve and San felasco hammock being the main 3) that have monster bucks on them. Small parcels of land around these three preserves can produce giant deer and an abundance of 90-120" bucks B&C scoring.

Only problem with alachua county hunting is that the clubs around here mostly run dogs so most chances at big bucks is over after muzzleloading season if hunting in a club. Lots of good land around here for sale though, my family has land on the east side of Gainesville near Newhans lake and we kill quality FL deer every year.

Alachua, Columbia, Suwannee, Madison, Jefferson, Leon, Gadsden, and Jackson counties are the ones producing the biggest bucks year in and year out

·
Your mom's a
6,788 Posts
+1 on Gainesville. We have tons of protected state land (paynes prairie,Austin carry preserve and San felasco hammock being the main 3) that have monster bucks on them. Small parcels of land around these three preserves can produce giant deer and an abundance of 90-120" bucks B&C scoring.

Only problem with alachua county hunting is that the clubs around here mostly run dogs so most chances at big bucks is over after muzzleloading season if hunting in a club. Lots of good land around here for sale though, my family has land on the east side of Gainesville near Newhans lake and we kill quality FL deer every year.

Alachua, Columbia, Suwannee, Madison, Jefferson, Leon, Gadsden, and Jackson counties are the ones producing the biggest bucks year in and year out

Bullwinkle lives in Paynes Prairie. I've seen him.

·
Registered
70 Posts
There's some real nice deer running around out there. That 189" non typical 18point shot 2 seasons ago was taken on a 40acre tract of land bordering the prairie. Several 120-140"B&C bucks have been taken already this season in alachua county

·
Registered
435 Posts
Alachua county puts more in the record books that any other county, it around gainsville but some big deer come out of tampa area. Even south florida has produce some 150"+ deer look at the florida buck registry. Key is pay enough to get in a lease that has around 200 acres or more per member and that practices QDM or else get where nobody else wants to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts