Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have that little spiral bound book they sell at walmart. I got stopped by FWC recently and we had a discussion about how that book sucked because it's drawings and not actual pictures, and because it doesnt describe how some fish look totally different as juveniles compared to adults. He said something about a book that him or his partner wrote, I forget which, but it was sold out. Does anyone know what he was talking about or have a book you would recommend?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I print mine off of rodnreel.com. They're drawings, too, but they also have descriptions like how many rays on the fins or gillrakers to tell one jack from another. I keep them in a 3-ring binder on my boat along with my licenses, regs, SeaTow card, etc.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brant Peacher (11/21/2009)Guys, I use the one below. It's very detailed, accurate,inexpensive and you can get them at any of the local tackle stores. I know for sure Hot Spots has them.

This is the one I have. I dont like it. The pictures are drawings and doesnt tell you the difference between a juvy and a full grown fish, which often look quite different. I am going to give the one everyone recommended a shot Thanks guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts