Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
3,697 Posts

my biggest king

and of course, the first 5 drops on opening day of snapper season. we limited out with 6 people in about 15mins

and i know this isnt considered a "catch" but i thought it might fit in here nicely

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Freespool (12/28/2009)
Tuna Man (12/28/2009)My largest and as of yet my most memorable...
I dont think I can count how many times we've seen that bullshark
Funny...I seem to think this thread started out as...

Forum Home » General Discussion » General Discussion » <A>Best Fish from 2009</A>

I believe that my reply was to a question posed.There are many pictures posted on this thread that have been posted before..I'm happy for each and every guy that was able to have a memorable trip, and having a picture to reflect on... Thing that puzzles me is why don't I see you post something constructive. Did you not catch a memorable catch this year? I feel sorry for you. But here is a picture that I have posted before...and a number of times at that.

PS....I'm positive that you WILL see the picture above posted in the future. Hell, It might be directed at you again, you knever know.

<A></A>

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Caught aboard the Swoop out of Destin 25 cranks up off the bottom trying to catch Amberjack with large live bait before Snapper season opened, keep in mind I'm 6'4" tall when looking at the size of this snapper. Couldn't weigh it but estimated it to be about 34" long! This was the day I figured out Snapper were not endangered, I caught two like this in less than 15 minutes trying to catch Amberjack way up off the bottom! Really sucked having to throw them back!

·
Registered
35 Posts

140# yft was a great catch in 2009

brought a couple first-timers out. 22# and 27#.

But this has to be my favorite catch of 2009. This ugly oceanic triggerfishset the state record forMS.Itwas caughtby my buddy from Tennessee on his very first trip offshore. Talk about a good first impression to the world of saltwater fishing.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I haven't got a picture. But, the best this year to me was One of Matts buddies Daddy on Sundowner back in August. He was 72 at that time. Put him on his first billfish. About a 60# sail. He was extremely happy as was myself. That was the most meaningful fish for me this year.....

·
Registered
8,984 Posts
seems like all i do now is drive the boat and get the gaff, but here is a couple my wife caught. maybe she can drive next year. Joey

i know they get alot bigger but these sure made her happy. that's what it's all about. Joey

·
Registered
634 Posts
Don't have too many pictures of my better fish, but these were from one of the best days I had all year. I was prefishing for the IFA event in Titsuville and found some really nice tournament fish, 6-7.5 pounders 25-26 3/4" fish, just couldn't get them on Saturday, caught all their lil' brothers and sisters instead. Still, this was my first day ever fishing Titusville, and I had a freakin blast.

This guy weight somewhere around 7 pounds.

This one's prolly 5 1/2 pounds, 25"

Overslot, leader 'o the pack.

As far as my best day in Pensacola, this picture pretty much tells all. My buddy and I (DeAnzaJig) laid the wood to some fish back in June.

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,258 Posts
Here's mine. Sorry about the picture quality!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Been posted before butI cant think about anything else in December and Jan...Come on March...Im ready to spill some cobia blood!!! The 2009 Kayak Slam...Cobia, Tarpon, Sailfish.

And of course my favorite cobia season!!!!

Had first shot on a wad of six on OIP...

Sorry...you know you can never narrow it down to just one....I have the moments burned into my brain...I seriously doubt I will ever top 2009 but I will sure try in 2010.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Here's a couple of Reds; unfortunately me and my partner were in a bass tournament.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Then while fishing for Reds I caught this 16" largemouth.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">

21 - 40 of 71 Posts