Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made my first whirlwind trip in two years to some old stomping grounds last week (ATL and Nashville) and it re-kindled my interest in the variety of cuisine I kinda miss (one of the very few things I actually did enjoy about living in a big city).... having returned I now find myself looking for those hidden gems that I know are hiding somewhere in this town. For those who know and might have done a bit more exploring than I have (pretty much most people I suspect)....

Any/best farmers/international foods markets in Pensacola? I've been to Everman and Bailys, and I found a place called "Four Winds" via google but haven't visisted it yet...

Any good Vietnamese places? (good Pho?)

·
Registered
679 Posts
four winds has some good items but they are very expensive and they will give you more then you ask for if your not careful. you need to order there prepared food by how much you want to spend and not by the container size.
Great smoked turkey salad and they make subs as well.
corner of 9th and creighton

·
Registered
799 Posts
Deli section at 4 winds is great. Cheese, salami, bread, etc.

Best to set dollar boundaries with the shopkeeper, though.

He is a good salesman, with gooood products.

Joraca

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
The guy that owns 4 Winds has a reputation for drawing the bucks out of you before you know what hit you but he does have a decent deli. Watch the samples, you may get charged for them. I find some interesting stuff at Apple Market on Scenic. World Market next to Best Buy in Cordova Mall sometimes has interesting foods and drinks.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Yep, Tu-Do has good Pho.
There's another place about 2 doors north of them advertising Pho also, but I haven't been in there.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Tu-do is good, the one just down from it, is better, right next door to west marine, been there a hundred times and can't think of the name, Golden Palace maybe. My step mother is vietnamese so I have been eating it for 40 years now, speaking of which it is about time for my wife and I to roll another hundred or so "Cha Gio" vietnamese egg rolls and put them in the freezer.

·
Registered
13,333 Posts
four winds has some good items but they are very expensive and they will give you more then you ask for if your not careful.
I went there once. I ordered from the deli, within my lunch budget for the day. Went to the cash register. The owner was there.

I told him it is was my first visit.

He said "Let me give you some of my bread to try".

I said "OK".

He came back with two large loafs, not packaged, and placed them in my hands.

He then rung up the register and said $18.00 please.
I said What?
He said the bread is $12.00.

I said I do not have that much, take it back.

He said "I can not take back the bread after you have handled it".

I paid the $18.00 with a credit card, never to return.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts