Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't go to a Flea Market very often, like some people do. I would say that I have only been to one around 10 times in my life, But:

SeveralYears ago my wife and I went to one just south of Dothan Alabama. It was on a Saturday Morning and there were alot of individuals there, instead of just the normal merchants that more or less run a small business that operates out of the Flea market. I came across a guy on one of thestallsthat was selling some fishing tackle. As I approached the area he was set up in, I noticed he had 2 rods with 706z's on them, and as I got close enough to look at the two rods, I noticed he had 4 more 706z's on the table with no rod. He was asking $50.00 for each of the reels and $75.00 for each on Reel with a Rod. The two rods were Penn Slammers by the way.

I asked him what he would take for all of them and he said, $200.00 if I would buy them all. I told him I had $150.00 in cash and he said, Sold.

Two of the Reels were the Green Series and lightly used, the other four were theBlack with Black spools. I still have each one of them and have used them from time to time.

What is the best deal you have ever gotten at a Flea Market or Garage Sale?

·
Registered
937 Posts
yesterday I made my first flea market purchase. I bought a mint condition Penn 6500ssm on a 6.5' medium heavy Shakespeare Uglystick. Got the combo for $45

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I got a deep freezer for 30$ at a yard sale about a month ago,works great half full of fish,waiting on hunting season to mut some venision in it

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Got a Vintage Fender Princeton Tube Amp there for $40 when I was there getting leather gloves and a Tool belt when I worked for FEMA after Ivan ... sold it later for $200 :letsparty

·
Registered
402 Posts
At goodwill several years ago i came across a framed Norman Rockwell print. It looked different than the same old framed prints. I bought it for $5 walked out of the store removed the frame and it turned out to be an origional signed Norman rockwell print.

That was the best $5 i ever spent.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I got a graphite shafted titanium head Taylor made driver that was less than a model year old at the time and had not beenhit more than a few timesfor $2.........I think this guys ex-wife was having the sale and he had left it behind.....lots of more "guy stuff" abnormally cheap.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Found those $40 Penn Downrigger Rod Holders for $5 at Harvest House in Destin.

I quit going to the Flea Market in Navarre because to be lookinga bargain, some of them folks are charging brand new prices! ouch!

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
I once bought a nickel-plated Smith and Wesson pre Model 10 in good shape for $110 from a yard sale. Also bought a 1973 Ruger Single Six with both cylinders in 98% condition in a nice zippered rug for $150.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
5 Jimmy Buffett recordsfor $1.00. What were the two size records? 45's and 78's? These are the bigger of the two.

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
Jighead (11/23/2009)5 Jimmy Buffett recordsfor $1.00. What were the two size records? 45's and 78's? These are the bigger of the two.
78's arelike pre-1950. I'm sure Buffett never put out any 78s. What you bought were 33s. 33 1/3 to be exact. Otherwise known as albums or LPs. (Yeah, I'm an old guy)

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Early 90's I used to yard sale it every w/e. One of the best finds was an older couple that was cleaning out there basement. They had 2 son's that were in there teens in the late 50's and the basement was "there" room. Anyway, that older couple unlocked the basement after almost 30 years, boxed everything up and took it to a empty building on the West side and set up inside. I just happened to be driving by when they were putting the sign out so I stopped. I walked in and almost fell out. It looked like a 5 and dime toy store section from the mid 50's with duplicates of everything (two son's). I walked over, looked at one mint Tonka style truck, introduced myself to the people and asked them if I could go lock the door because I wanted EVERYTHING......... They thought I was nuts, but after 4 1/2 full sized car and trunk loads of "stuff" I was finished. It took me over3 months to catalog everything, and I still have a lot of it today. Anybody that has been to my office has seen some of this find.......... Great thread. Thanxxxxx, T

·
Registered
869 Posts
Penn International 50W on a rod for $40!!

Anyone know Yankee? aka $40 Mike, yea that washis find, and where his nickname came from!!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I found two Penn 349H's (best all around bottom fishing reel Penn ever made)a couple of months ago. He wanted $30 each for them and I got them both for $40. The guy did not know what he had.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well i didnt but them but..

yesterday i was at the flea in GB and there was one of the guys that used to work at boaters world before they closed and he was sellin live minners for $3 a dozen. i think thats a good deal? lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts