Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's got the best deal on boat batteries? I want to replace 4 in my center console. Mainly need them for starting and running electronics. I din't want to get offshore and have the batteries crap out.

·
Tangle Master
3,310 Posts
I buy Super Start marine batteries from O'Reilly auto parts. I bought a group 27 Starting and think I paid $70 for it?

·
Headin Out
73 Posts
I got my last two at the little battery shop at Palafox and Fairfield.I have fished these hard for two years with no problem at all.About $40 each.Dont know what brand theyre supposed to be but so far ill vouch for em.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I tried Wal-Mart batteries and they last about 1/2 as long for trolling batteries then the Interstate batteries and you only save about 10-15$.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
academey sports, the batt center at fairfield is ok, but they dont always have blemish deep cycles. ive got my last 20 at academey.If you are going offshore get the batteries from academey, dont take any chances. Im a retired 40 year diesel mech, have had 20 boats, never found a better deal than academey

·
Registered
6 Posts
I tried Wal-Mart batteries and they last about 1/2 as long for trolling batteries then the Interstate batteries and you only save about 10-15$.
I just replaced my two Walmart Batteries. We did not use them as Trolling batteries. We have a 30 sportcraft with a Volvo Diesel. We run about a 25 AMP load normally during fishing, and about 65 with the DC Air Conditioner on. We had the Walmart Deep cycle enegizers. Paid 90 bucks for them in 2009. Replaced in a pair. They are parallelled 99% of the time. Never had a problem with them, and took them down to 4 to 6 volts three times during their life, opps! Each time, brought them back up with a heavy duty charger. They still worked when i pulled them, but going into the winter I did not want to trust them anymore.

I replaced them with SAMs Club AGMs for $130-150 each. The AGMs are killers! The Volvo Diesel pops over and the Voltage gage does not peg 8 Volts like it used to during cranking. It did that even when the Walmart batteries were new. I had Optimas before the Walmart. One Marine Deep, one Starting. I replaced the Optimas when they were 7, yes Seven, years old! Look at Sams Club, or make sure you check out Advance Auto. Advance Auto has 30 dollar off 100 coupons all the time. Go to Techbargains.com and search advanceauto, they will link you to the coupon. Buy online, pickup in the store. Do one today, one tomorrow, you can keep using the coupon code once per day, although I have used it once per order before in the same day, and the guys in the store did not care.

Charles Green

1 - 10 of 10 Posts