Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the late report, but the new forum set-up is quirky. Last Saturday I landed 18 Bass on the East River. I lost 5, and would have had my largest Bass since moving to Florida if I would have had a net. I caught every fish on a Zoom Trick Worm in Watermelon Red and June Bug. At one point I caught 6 out of the same hole. And in that hole three Bass followed one that was already hooked. The week before I caught 16 from the East River as well. Here are a few photos from last week.

NJD

</p>

·
Registered
510 Posts
NJD, Tried to best you yesterday but only got 10 fish and no big ones. Had 8 bass by 830AM and then two more by 930 AM. Was going to run over to Yellow River but got repeated warning tones from the Optimax so I put it on the trailer and took it in for a look see.

I hit Blackwater for just a few hours on Tuesday. Had about six on the line, but only landed one. One was a very heavy fish but lost it. Don't know if it was a bass or not. Was mainly using a Rattletrap.

We need to get together soon!

amarillo

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats on your 2 recent trips - that's as good a report as I ever heard on East River. I plan on going Monday with a buddy. Did you have any luck up river or were they all caught between bridge and the mouth (that seems to be where most bass are caught). Any help would be appreciated. I have explored the headwaters of the river and found great holes, but haven't had any luck.

·
Super Moderator
29,285 Posts
That sounds like a FANTASTIC day on East River NJD!!! Well done!!!! I've only fished east river 1 time and that was fer bream, we caught a bunch when we went....:toast
AP you didn't do as good cause you weren't using the trick worm, I'm telling ya---those june bug trick worms are hot right now!!! Sounds like you had a heck of a day too, though!!!:toast

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pops09, </p>

I caught them everywhere--especially going left under the overpass at the dock off 87. It seems that everywhere you thought they would b, they were there. Find the under water structure near the banks and Bingo!!!</p>

NJD</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts