Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard good things and I've heard absolute nightmares with some of the brands. What has been your experience? These will be used in the Walnut Hill area

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I have been real happy with my Reveals. Running 3 of them with Verizon (they also offer AT&T) and they have been good. The price is right on them and they function as you would want them to and they are super easy to set up. I am actually going to my farm this weekend and pulling all 3 of them, sending them to Reveal in order to "upgrade" to the new Reveal X. I hope that the X functions as well as the Gen 1s have.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I have both spypoint micro and tactacam reveal (not the new one). I like the reveal cam better but the spypoint app better. You'll hear a lot of spypoint is trash but I've had really good service from mine and other club members have to. The pics are not real clear at night but you can tell what the deer are. Spypoint also has a free monthly plan where you get 100 pics. I use that in the offseason. Where in Walnut Hill do you hunt. I'm in Buckeye Branch.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Love my Spartans, think I have 7 or 8 of them. I have 4 new in the box Tactacam Reveal X's I am going to try out closer to season b/c they are more affordable and I have heard good things about them. I tried the spypoint and they are complete trash compared to the Spartans.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have both spypoint micro and tactacam reveal (not the new one). I like the reveal cam better but the spypoint app better. You'll hear a lot of spypoint is trash but I've had really good service from mine and other club members have to. The pics are not real clear at night but you can tell what the deer are. Spypoint also has a free monthly plan where you get 100 pics. I use that in the offseason. Where in Walnut Hill do you hunt. I'm in Buckeye Branch.
I bought some land on Tungoil Rd

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Our club president lives on Tungoil. He lets me hunt his 20 acres a couple of times a year. You probably know him.

·
Registered
285 Posts
The only camera I have found that will transmit with a marginal signal is Reconyx, Spypoint is fair at best but to many things you have to preform to keep it running

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have 6 reveals and 2 coverts. The reveals are hands down the best camera for the money. My buddy has Spartans and there about the same as reveal in performance but 3 times the price. I had spypoints and they were junk. Had two of the spypoints that convert any camera to a cell camera and they were double junk! Battery life on the reveals is way better than any of the others including my coverts.

·
Registered
9,875 Posts
My Tactacam, a year or so old hasn’t given me any problems. I’ve had it going the entire time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
We’re running 8 of the Moultrie XV6000. I’ve had an issue out of 2 of them and Moultrie replaces without hesitation. App is easy to work and pics are clear

1 - 14 of 14 Posts