Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,715 Posts
That's awesome. I'm really starting to lean towards the Toyotas. We bought my wife a new 4runner 2 weeks ago at palmers in Mobile. It was nice and we saved almost 4k compared to the Toyota dealership in Pensacola on the exact same vehicle.

Iffin I didn't need a truck bed, I would get one of these for myself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,916 Posts
Congratulations! I bought mine new in 2012. Just clicked over 216k miles today.[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I remember when you wanted to launch that truck at the boat ramp with the windows open. Did the D.A.P. tune make up for the flex fuel problems?

And how many of you have the driveshaft "ckunk" when sitting at a stoplight?

·
Registered
10,689 Posts
I remember when you wanted to launch that truck at the boat ramp with the windows open. Did the D.A.P. tune make up for the flex fuel problems?

Actually, I did the 100k service, plugs, fluids throughout, amsoil, removed the throttle body and cleaned it well, as well as the Mass Air flow sensor, put a K&N filter in it and removed the charcoal filter. Removed the 02 sensors and checked them. When I got it all done I left the battery unhooked over night, never had another issue with it, I also started running premium, may have helped as well.

D.A.P. really impressed me though, sure qish I had done that 200k miles ago, lol what is the driveshaft clunk you are speaking of? My driveline is tight!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,916 Posts
The clunk: sometimes when coming to a stop and waiting for the light, there's a clunk/thump like it downshifted or someone lightly bumped you.
Toyota replaced a few driveshafts on some 07s but never admitted there was a issue.
General consensus in the Tundra forums was that it is the driveshaft sliding on the splines of the output shaft and sticking sometimes.

And I see you peeled off the black wrap off the B pillars and pinstripe too! I did the same plus debadged the truck.

08 135K on it.

DSCN3155.jpg

·
Registered
6,558 Posts

I've got the clunk. O4 tundra. Got around 155k on mine. Hopefully in the next couple months it goes to someone else and I'm gonna go back to gm probably. Although the new tundras look good

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
589 Posts
I've got the clunk. O4 tundra. Got around 155k on mine. Hopefully in the next couple months it goes to someone else and I'm gonna go back to gm probably. Although the new tundras look good

Transmission mount is bad. Less than $300 fix at bob tyler. My ‘06 had same issue. Wouldn’t trade my ‘06 4.7L tundra for a new one. New ones have cam tower leak problems and it’s a high dollar fix. 4.7L engine is a fantastic motor. Just replace valve cover gaskets, if it smells like burning oil.

·
Green Eggs And Ham
9,558 Posts
That's awesome. I'm really starting to lean towards the Toyotas. We bought my wife a new 4runner 2 weeks ago at palmers in Mobile. It was nice and we saved almost 4k compared to the Toyota dealership in Pensacola on the exact same vehicle.

WOW super nice, My wifes really wants one but I think she would rather have a bigger boat. We shall see what wins.

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,916 Posts

Transmission mount is bad. Less than $300 fix at bob tyler. My ‘06 had same issue. Wouldn’t trade my ‘06 4.7L tundra for a new one. New ones have cam tower leak problems and it’s a high dollar fix. 4.7L engine is a fantastic motor. Just replace valve cover gaskets, if it smells like burning oil.
I'm talking about 2nd gen Tundras with the mighty 5.7.

Interesting about the cam tower leak. Is the driveway under the vehicle looking like the Exon Valdez went by????

·
Praedator
9,978 Posts
I love my first Gen 04 double cab. I'd keep it till the cows come home if it was 4wd. 210k miles and going strong. But I need 4x4 now!

Wouldn't mind a new tundra if the gas milage didn't suck so bad!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Center Mass at 300m
2,133 Posts
Enjoyed dealing with Gulf Coast Jeep Chrysler in Foley a few years ago. In my top three buying experiences. Told them they had one shot to get it right and by golly they did.

When we got orders for overseas, I told the wifey to give them a call and ask they were interested. She took the Jeep to them needless to say she left it. (never thought that would've happened eva'h)

·
Registered
8,887 Posts

I like those 4runners also. Really like those black rims (wheels to some) with the white.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts