Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
For what it is worth I have six months of moderate fishing on the Nanofil with no breaks or damage that I can see. I think most of the issues are from poor knot tying or use of the wrong knots. Many people would rather blame the line than their knot skills.
All my break offs were after the knot.Nothing to do with knot skills,just bad line.

·
Blue man fishing Inc.
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Double-uni

Yeah I saw the double uni on flats class and started tying it yesterday I really like it. I think it will be the one I use

·
Registered
153 Posts
i run every thing from 2lb -100 lb power pro braid on all my reels I personally like the power pro a little better i seem to get a little more distance with the power pro over sulfix on the same kinda reel . How ever i say run what ever you can afford at the time its all good line .

·
Registered
586 Posts
I use the Albright Special and the Bob Sands, neither have failed me. The AS is a little smoother and goes through the guides better the the BS knot.

This is offshore/heavier lines than what y'all are talking about though I am not sure it matters. Diamond Braid 65 to 80 # and up to 125# leaders both mono and flouro

·
Registered
108 Posts
this wont help choosing but it is a good story. i mainly fish for hybrids up here in central al. i usually use #50 spider wire. well about 2 years ago, my little boy started wanting to go more and more. I had some old pos spinning reel and a cheapo spinning rod that i set up for him to use. i spooled it with #20 zebco braid that walmart sells. in those 2 years i have respooled all my rods several times but just yesterday, he and i were talking about how that old spinning rod still had that 2 year old line on it. Gonna have to respool it soon because after all the break offs and what not over the years, his reel doesnt have but about half a spool on it. That line is really not that good but for some reason, it has worked out really good on that reel.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts