Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have been surf fishing lately what has been your bait of choice? Taking my boys surf fishing tomorrow so want to have a few different baits, will take my rake for sand fleas.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fishbites. Extremely durable, castable, and much easier to find than live shrimp or sandfleas recently. Ive used the shrimp and sand flea varieties. All my pomps have been on the shrimp. Whiting on the sand flea. And the dirty, good for nothing, worthless, pain in my :censored: .. catfish, have been eating both.

Good Luck.

·
Bearded Brotula
11,719 Posts
I like fresh peeled shrimp. Never had much luck with the fish bites. I'll give them another shot this fall.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've used fishbites exclusively in the surf with great success the last two times I've been down to OB in early September...usually on a carolina rig. This year I'm going to try them tipped on a homemade jig I've tied up to hopefully imitate a sand flea...if they work as well this way, I'll report and also post some pics of the newest dynamite bait...LOL.:thumbup:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Fish bites are my go to bait every time In the surf. I do like to use some squid every once in awhile but I love fish bites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,576 Posts

Attachments

·
FORMER Shore & Pier Guide
685 Posts
As fall transitions to winter, sandfleas get mighty scarce along the beaches.
Beach ghost shrimp is THE #1 super bait in winter ;-)

·
Registered
364 Posts
I was out fishing Navarre Beach on Nov 29th. Caught a bunch of whiting, all on shrimp. Also tried fishbites with shrimp and sand fleas (mole crabs). There were a few sand fleas, but scarce.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts