Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Senior Yakker
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've used several and Frabill brand is NOT cutting it. I got an awesome new baitwell for Christmas and I'd like to put the best bubbler I can find on it. Anybody have any opinions on who makes the best aerators?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forum Fiend v1.3.

·
The Tourist
2,273 Posts
A bubbler will only do so much. All it does is add oxygen to the water (and also any impurities in the air). It does not cool the water or help filter the water. If you overload the bait tank, they will die no matter what bubbler you have. A pump And spray bar is actually more efficient than a bubbler too. Set up a small filter around your pump With a sponge and bag of charcoal (for freshwater) and your water will be cleaner and the bait will stay alive longer. Switch the charcoal for sand or a shell/rock mixture for salt water.

·
Senior Yakker
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...but I'm asking because the pumps I've had all come with a very short lifespan. sucks when your pump just quits on you.

I'm looking to get the best battery operated bubbler I can find. Yes, there's other factors involved with keeping bait alive, but I'm currently asking about the aerator itself. What brands do you guys prefer. Frabill is junk that will last no longer than a year...or a few trips as far as my last one was concerned.

I've scoured the internet and, it would seem, I've found my answer. The Marine Metal bubble box appears to be the best thing going for what I'm looking for. Getting one tomorrow and upgrading the air stone for the hell of it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forum Fiend v1.3.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts