Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you used the Berkley Precut Stripz? If so do they help catch fish and if so how do you use them - do you just put them on a hook like bait or with a lure or ...? Just planning to go fishing and thinking about trying them out. I'd appreciate any tips.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
I would use them on a jig. I wouldnt just put them on a hook and cast in to bottom fish.

Prostaff member for Old Crow Custom Calls.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I fished for about 2 hours using them and got one hit that I missed and then caught a pin fish using them so I guess they work. I just threaded them on the back of a jighead. I'll probably try just cutting them in smaller pieces next time and put a small piece of them on a lure. I saw a lot of videos mentioning fishbites so I may try getting some of those to try next time I go out to see if one is better than the other.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Not sure about those but our biggest mingo was caught yesterday using a fishbites strip. And was often preferred over squid or cigar minnow by othe fish caught yesterday.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. I'll get some next time I go to the store. Which type of fishbites do you recommend? Thanks.

·
Registered
623 Posts
The ones we used yesterday was the fluorescent green. Shrimp flavor I believe I just cut a piece off about an inch long and put it on the hook.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts