Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my 1996 Regulator 23II at Sportsman Marine doing a complete renovation. Stripping it down to the hull and building it back up. New power, electronics, wiring, controls, underwater lighting, fiberglass work, pumps, etc, etc.
Can’t wait ro get back out on the water in my own rig. We’ve put thousands of fish across my deck, in some insanely rough seas. It just performed and performed. I just couldn’t bring myself to spend an additional $100k and not have a hull as well built as this one. Can’t wait to see the final result!
BTW, I’m getting a Rhodan trolling motor, and the rep said that I’d need an 84” shaft. Seems super long, but my bow does sit really high above the waterline. Anyone have this one and can share their thoughts?

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
Dry storage says 28 LOA. That's what I'm paying for to dry store. I took a look at the 25, but I have more room to fish mine. Would love to have the enclosed transom with live well, though.
from the pictures, enclosing the transom, doesn't look like it'd be very much work, a single piece? beautiful boat.

·
MILF - Man I Love Fishing
867 Posts
Dry storage says 28 LOA. That's what I'm paying for to dry store. I took a look at the 25, but I have more room to fish mine. Would love to have the enclosed transom with live well, though.
200 sounds more reasonable for that LOA. I was thinking 24’ish and thought you were a mad man.

I think Realtor is right though - enclosing the transom doesn’t look like too much of a chore. It would be a nice addition as well.

Beautiful boat regardless!

·
Registered
588 Posts
from the pictures, enclosing the transom, doesn't look like it'd be very much work, a single piece? beautiful boat.
It requires adding a bracket, which is available, and reinforcing the transom for the stress. A lot have and, although it's expensive, he just spent a wad on it already. My reservation is that the bracket adds 30" (2.5') to a 23' boat so over 10% added cantilevered off the stern.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Appreciate it! I thought about enclosing the transom. It would depend on how you want to do it. To add a bracket across the back like I've seen on some of the Regs, may not be too bad.

If you want to enclose the transom and add a live well, it would be a major project. Probably $30,000 by the time you added the bracket, etc. Not sure that it would be worth that much money.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It requires adding a bracket, which is available, and reinforcing the transom for the stress. A lot have and, although it's expensive, he just spent a wad on it already. My reservation is that the bracket adds 30" (2.5') to a 23' boat so over 10% added cantilevered off the stern.
I have decided on adding the engine bracket. I watched a Florida Sportsman episode where they put a bracket on a 23 Reg. It looks badass and performed very well. That is going to be my next project.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts