Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Headed out 6:30 AM from Navarre with my neighbor and his youngest son with his 21' Striper in tow.
Launched about 7:15 AM in FWB at their really nice "FREE" boat ramp and park. Amazing at that late time and on memorial day weekend - no wait and only a handful of trailers in the lot. Caught a bunch of LY's and a spanish inside Destin bridge and headed out about 9 miles or so to a spot bubbling with hard tails.

Hard tails were massive and some bonita mixed in with them.

Caught our limit on banded rudderfish (either that or almaco's but I think they were rudderfish) pretty quick. Two on gotcha's with light tackle and three on my mitchell reel with a tailed cobia jig. Threw a bunch back - they loved that jig.

Got cut off a few times with something taking one of the massive hardtails on the botom. Picked up a couple of lane snapper, threwback some undersized red snapper and trigger on squid and dead cigs on the bottom.

Got back to the pass about 1 PM and were welcomed with a wall of cool just inside the pass. Still hardly any activity at the ramp when we got back there around 1:30.

Great weather in advance of the rain and we had a great time. Kyle (my neighbor's boy) did a fine job bringing in two of the jacks on light tackle.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Those sure look like undersized AJ's to me. Juvinille amberjack! Have to be 30" to keep right, But... may be wrong, I think I can see the white tips on the tails.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts