Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
ummm, okay. "where no shark fishing is allowed, there are more shark attacks." okay, to each their own I suppose. from time to time this topic comes up around here... I have no data to even discuss this, but it's pretty obvious Humans are not a preferred food source for sharks...
I have no doubt that "where no shark fishing is allowed, there are more shark attacks." I don't think that's because of shark fishing, but because shark fishing isn't allowed in more populous areas where most people swim.

That said, I don't think sharks are that much of a safety issue. Shark attacks are rare.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Sharks "Raising their young?

Give me a break! Baby Sharks better get out of the way or be eaten by their momma or other sharks.

Typical unsubstantiated "facts" or simple BS, take your pick.

I think Walter Cronkite (spell ck) would probably bitch slap some of today's so called "News Reporters." They ought to be ashamed of themselves--I'm ashamed of them.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
ummm, okay. "where no shark fishing is allowed, there are more shark attacks." okay, to each their own I suppose. from time to time this topic comes up around here... I have no data to even discuss this, but it's pretty obvious Humans are not a preferred food source for sharks...
Preferred doesnt matter...an "accidental" bite still does permanent damage. Ask Jessie Arbogast...Bethany Hamilton...or Rodney Fox.

·
Registered
9,866 Posts
Preferred doesnt matter...an "accidental" bite still does permanent damage. Ask Jessie Arbogast...Bethany Hamilton...or Rodney Fox.

only real way to avoid contact, is to stay out of the water.... not sure where the miss communication here is?

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,836 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts