Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to tag along on a 3 day trip to Amelia Island in mid-Nov. I could drag the boat from N Ga, but it's a long way for a short trip, so I'm leaning toward surf and/or pier fishing. I'm not really a whiting/pompano/speck kinda guy - more interested in bull reds, sharks, and larger targets. How would you play it?

My experience beach fishing Louisiana and the fact that the beach at Caminada pass is so good has me looking at the beaches adjacent to the passes on the N and S sides of the island as the likely prime spots. Advice and experience is appreciated from folks who have been there and fished it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The old bridge going to Jacksonville is a pier now. There’s a guy who goes by the mayor who posts on Florida sportsman that knows the pier well. He just has numbers for a screen name, but some searching on the site you’ll find him. You can drive the beach on the south side as well.

Fort Clinch on the north side is popular too.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Fort Clinch on the north side is popular too.
I was a park ranger at Fort Clinch in the mid-70's. I had an apartment in the quartermaster's building and I caught lots of fish around the fort. Just east of the fort is a very DEEP hole that held large bull reds. The groins west of the fort hold large trout especially if northeasters are blowing. You will be there at the right time of year if the weather cools off.

There are big sharks out there too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts