Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A family member that lives in Dothan wants to take the boat to the beach the weekend of the 27th, and I guess dock it somewhere that sat night while they stay at a hotel. After he gets back from the flora-bama...he thinks.... You know how tryin to show off for the girls goes!! I wouldnt mind at all if they were camping and close to the boat. But in a hotel across/down the street I dont like the idea at all, especially with all the stuff getting solen around here lately.

Is there a safe(r) place to tie the boat up for the night? If it was mine, I'd say hell no, daytime use only, but its more of a family boat...so... any ideas? Or would you guys just not suggest it at all? A larger boat I wouldnt mind as much, but it being a 20 ft CC...bothers me a bit.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I am guessing you are saying he wants to play on the boat for the day, anchor up around Flora-bama and have a good time, get back in the boat and drive it to the hotel and he needs a place to keep it???

My suggestion would be to play on the boat during the day, take it to the Fl-bama, have a good time there but not too good of a time. Take it back to the hotel and anchor it up from the bow and stern in good water and then go to the hotel, take a shower (cause he is gonna have to get in the water to walk out) and head back to the Fl-bama in a Taxi and continue the night if he feels fit.

Leaving the boat anchored up correctly behind the hotel should not be a problem. Once it's on the water like that, it is in an element that most thugs will not bother with.

Hope that makes sense...

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand. I dont think he will be incapable of driving the boat or anything, he just wants to shuffle the new girl around on the boat. I was just worried about leaving it somewhere tied up all night, while they are across the street or down the road, no where close to the boat. I was nervous about him leaving it at the boardwalk mainly. Just wondered if anybody thought it would be ok/not ok...etc..

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I personally wouldn't feel good about mooring a boat out there unless it was an permanent mooring. Just doing the two anchor thing would keep me from sleeping at night. I would be less worried about someone stealing and more worried about an anchor breaking loose or the boat floating off...even though, I realize the chances of that are fairly slim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts