Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Regarding Navarre Pier today, September 27: I went out at 8 AM, North wind, no grass. Grass appeared with wind swing to the WSW about 11 AM, grass disappeared about 1 PM.

MORE Kings than I have seen all year, caught today up until 11 AM. How many? 15 to 20 or more. Not sure as I was chasing redfish school by the first sandbar off the pier. They were lazy, but one or two slots caught.

Gaffy

· Registered
72 Posts
My report was eye witness -- even caught some fish! Best King day in months, some big Spanish, enough bait fish to throw at them, a bunch of lazy reds -- although I didn't get there early enough. Yes, the grass came in a couple hours and let us alone. Water very clear except for those couple hours. Moonfish looked like giant mirrors. Schools of this and that, like needle fish and minnows.

I'm going back tomorrow morning -- you might want to get there about 7 or so -- Navarre has its Sand Castle Festival in the lot.

Best, Gaffy

· Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Thank you for the updates gentlemen. I'll be fishing from the beach somewhere in the am. I'll post a live report in this thread. I'll move to different sections of beach as well. If anyone had any updates for other sections of beach, it'll help out some fellow anglers. It's fishing time my friends. Let's share our findings. Best of luck to all! Tight lines!!!! YRM

· Registered
756 Posts
9/29 east of porto, grass was pretty darn thick. Had to clear lines every 10 min or so

· Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
I fished Navarre Area beach early morning saturday...no june grass, no sargassum weed, no fleas, no fish. Mid-Yellow flag conditions in the surf. Went by Pickens later, and the Sargassum Weed, and June Grass were too thick to even try putting a jig out. I went to Orange Beach Sunday, and it was thick with June Grass there as well. Didn't even want to try putting a line out. Tight lines!!! YRM

81 - 92 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.