Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

· Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Hey there PFF! I have a report for you surf fishermen! I went out last night for a couple of hours in the Navarre Beach area and caught zero June Grass!!! I caught fish! Including a 12" Pomp. The little lady next to me caught a whiting, a BIG black drum, and a smaller sized pomp. Get your rods, and get your bait, it's Pompano time! Good luck fellas! Tight LInes!!! YRM

· Grateful Angler
465 Posts
It was bad at Johnson's beach this morning. Pretty much impossible to fish off the bottom. Threw a spoon for a while and caught hard tails and lady fish. Green and brown clumps are covering the bottom. Biting flies were unbearable too. Pure deet did not even phase them.

· Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
I'm sad to say that I have to bring this thread back to life...I've been out to a few beaches over the last week, and the slimy green June Grass is back. I've been to Pickens (lines coated in 5 minutes), Pcola Beach (lines coated in 2 minutes), and Opal Beach (June grass is thin, but still attaches to knots, hooks, and bait). You're going to need to do alot of line slime plucking, and even more casting. Tight lines!!! YRM

· Freshwater Flounder
4,005 Posts
I'm sad to say that I have to bring this thread back to life...I've been out to a few beaches over the last week, and the slimy green June Grass is back. I've been to Pickens (lines coated in 5 minutes), Pcola Beach (lines coated in 2 minutes), and Opal Beach (June grass is thin, but still attaches to knots, hooks, and bait). You're going to need to do alot of line slime plucking, and even more casting. Tight lines!!! YRM

Any current reports on the grass situation for Navarre Beach?

(Was hoping for an evening of shark fishing with this full moon.)

61 - 80 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.