Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know about the St. Andrews Jettys and plan to dive them soon when everything re-opens. I am looking for beach dives from Pcola to panama city that me and my son can do. I do have a 17 foot cape horn and can bring it but I also like to just walk in. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
811 Posts
There is a bunch of stuff just off the beaches in Walton County made specific for beach dives.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I've done the Walton county snorkeling reefs, definitely doable from the beach, we brought our gear in a kayak but it's not necessary, good coverage with plenty of smaller fish and an occasional stingray or cruising shark, it's fun until the 50 snorkelers start showing up off a dive boat, pretty good idea of what's down there if you search Instagram

If you really want to swim for it, the pump station outlet just south of crystal beach (Destin) is a good dive, usually plenty of octopus and a decent size redfish or two, this would be fun in a boat, or you could try the bay cones just south of the Destin Bridge

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
There are walk in sites at Ft Pickens jetties (currently closed), at Park West, just outside the National Seashore sound side, and at Park East, on the east end of Pcola Beach, Gulf side. All good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts