Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iwas lazyand didn't hit the Bay until about 8:30am; when I arrived at my 2nd spot,I could see fish all over, Mullet,small bait fish, andsome reds and specs mixed in.<P align=left>The specs were small ranging from 10" to 15"s, I caught over 25 of these guys! <P align=center>(Kind of a pain in the Neck!) <P align=center>

The reds were very skittish, even a soft drop of a Gulp Jerkshad, sent them scurrying away....here's a small one that took a Gulp Jerkshad...

And then this beast rushed out of the dark and grabbed another jerkshad right in front of me,

NOTE the Beautiful Blue Tail and Fins ( he shot under the boat as I snapped the camera)... This fish didn't make my self imposed minimum of 21" so back in the drink!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After going to one last spot about 2pm, I finally got a 5lb+ Red and my wife had left me instructions of Fish for Dinner! Caught on a 4" Gulp Shrimp, Bone Color, 1/8oz jig, with a very slow retrieve!

Happy Fishing everyone, things are going to heat up in a few weeks and the redfishing will be lights out!

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Nice job BP... I was in East Bay today volunteering for FDEP deploying oyster shells on a bunch of their reef sites. Saw a lot of nice pushes today and LOTS of bait working. Can't wait to drag the Century up there and give it a try!!!!

Awesome post as usual:bowdown

·
Registered
308 Posts
Looks like another productive day!!!!!!as usual...hadn't done much fishing the last month....helping coach my sons cross county team at Pine Forest. Oh well the better half is past due for fishing fix....might try this weekend....thanks for the post and pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Great catch! Thanks for the pics. I never bring my camera w/ on the boat. After seeing those shots it may be worth gettin pics of all the fish not just dinner.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts