Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my bay boat and offshore boat and buying a 25-26' bay boat so I can fish both places with 1 boat. Ive gotten to the point where if its more than 2 footers I aint going offshore anyway. Problem is, I dont know what type boat to get. Any suggestions?

·
Green Eggs And Ham
8,979 Posts
I'm selling my bay boat and offshore boat and buying a 25-26' bay boat so I can fish both places with 1 boat. Ive gotten to the point where if its more than 2 footers I aint going offshore anyway. Problem is, I dont know what type boat to get. Any suggestions?

What offshore boat do you have?

·
Registered
770 Posts
I've got a Sportsman that pulls double duty and it has the creature comforts that my wife wanted for cruises.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Check out the new Seachaser models. The 26 LX looks like a great boat. We have an 18RG bay boat and love it.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I was looking at them, what do you have and what do you think about it, Mr.

It is a Masters 247, Yamaha 300XCA, Dual poles, MK ulterra, and half tower. It would be easier to list things, more so minor annoyances, that I don't like. Those are 1) Not a lot of walking space between the leaning post and rear deck. Easy to get through but your not passing two 400lb big-uns side by side. 2) The forward fish box is square when I wish it was a rectangle for longer fish such as kings, plenty big though.

Some positives:
1) I am willing to bet it has the larges bilge access in the industry.
2) Fit and finish are better than average. Wiring is neatly labeled and maintained well.
3) In the Masters line, you get the Denali or LTZ version of the boat with standard options where as I would have been nickle and dimed for those add on's on other manufactures.
4) Good customer service from the manufacture. I have had to have some very minor issues and they have not batted an eye or questioned anything.

Over all my wife and I love the boat. We strategically ordered it the way we wanted it because we know it will be the last boat we buy for 10-15 years.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
There has never been a better bay boat built than an Aquasport 2-22 flatback. IMHO

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,741 Posts
Well, if you got a $100K + this is a pretty sweet ride. They build it the way you want it.
Here's a build thread.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts