Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the late report, I just got the pictures. I went cobia fishing on Thursday with Brant Peacher and the president of American Rodsmiths, Bob Brown. Bob had never caught a cobia or a grouper so we went in search for both. Cobia fishing is supposed to be a long shot in a bay boat with no tower, but I went 2 for 3 the last time I tried so I figured what the hell, lets give it another shot! Well the conditions were just right and it didn't take long before we found a wad of 4 and caught 3 of them. 2 about 30 lbs and 1 about 35 lbs. The 4th was a nice fish about 50 lbs but of coarse we hooked the 3 smaller fish before him and he left. Later we found a pair of fish but they went down before we could get a bait on them. But we had our limit and so we went off the beach and caught some snappers and Bob caught a keeper grouper. Mission accomplished! Here are a couple fish pics.

·
Super Moderator
29,540 Posts
You are giving me hope on taking mine out there!!! Way to go brother!!! Big ole CONGRATS!!!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Very Nice ! Congrats...my bayboat is down at OB and I'm stuck in the ATL..::reallycrying

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brad King (27/04/2010)Simply AMAZING!! Way to go Matt, you have proved once again why you are the man!
The man?? I seriously doubt it! I'm just stupid enough to go out there and ride the beach believing I've got a good a chance as anyone! LOL!

It's actually been a blast cobia fishing from the bay boat. From a tall tower if you catch 3 30-35 lb fish you did ok but not much to talk about. You catch 3 30-35 lb fishin a wad of 4 with no tower on a bay boat and your high fivin' and going nuts! Lots of fun!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Way to go Matt and Brant{Nice to meet ya, Brant, the otherday at HotSpots}

That water looked perfect for sight fishing the brown bomber, nice and calm.

Don't ya love it when all the plans come together!

And I'm thrilled cuz the PFForum is fixed and I can post a picture, now!

Here's mine from bayside of Pickens

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Nice job Matt and Brant. I may have to buy some of those rods Brant has on his boat with the rubber grips- guess that dude from American Rodsmiths could have hooked me up!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Too cool right there .Makes me want to put the bay boat in and go looking to. Great job Matt and Brant yall are top notch.

TIM

1 - 13 of 13 Posts