Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
I saw that posted on another site. It’s amazing the effort people put in to cheat.He should be made to return all the money.
~JOE~

·
Registered
8,352 Posts
Wow! I just read this this entire article. What a scumbag. It amazes me what some people will do to win.
Reminds me of the famous TV hunter who shot a big elk several years ago and it was recognized as being a well-known elk from Yellowstone National Park.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Dang, surprised it didn't say anything about catching them from his couch...

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Reminds me of a story....

About 40 years ago, I got transferred to a new town (Tuscaloosa) and had to find new fishing buddies. One guy named Glenn was in a local bass club, and he was in awe of my "choir" of bass mounts (all of my bass mounts seemed to be singing with their mouths open), admitting he had never caught a bass over 2 1/2 lbs.

After a weekend trip with my old fishing buddies, I returned to Tuscaloosa with a cooler full of bass (Back in those days, you kept and ate what you caught), including one over 5 lbs and one over 7 lbs. Naturally, being the egotistical jerk that I am, I called Glenn to show off.

"Wow! What are you going to do with them?"

I told him I would ice them and clean them later. He said he would take care of it for me, so I gave them to him.

A few months later he got divorced and I was helping him move all his shit out of "her" house. There on the wall was a bass mount that looked to be about 7 pounds..........

Reactions: sureicanfish

·
Registered
270 Posts
About 2 weeks ago a bass boat flew up to my dock running wide ass open, slammed it out of gear and ran for the trolling motor. In the process he busted his ass and fell off the front of the boat. My boats were getting slammed against the dock but I was still laughing my ass off. Never knew you had to be that fast to catch a bass.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
About 2 weeks ago a bass boat flew up to my dock running wide ass open, slammed it out of gear and ran for the trolling motor. In the process he busted his ass and fell off the front of the boat. My boats were getting slammed against the dock but I was still laughing my ass off. Never knew you had to be that fast to catch a bass.
He fell off his glitter rocket?

·
Premium Member
9,628 Posts
Saw the same thing happen about a year ago while perch fishing . Dude buried up in cypress knees. I couldn’t hold it either. He left cussing like it was my fault. Made it that much better.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Wow, what a fascinating and sobering article. It was long but worth the read. I remember reading about Mike Long back when I was cutting my bass fishing teeth. Sad to realize how much fakery there is out there (which is part of why I have no social media accounts - this forum and NCAngler from my home state are it), but always good to see a cheater exposed for what they are.

Anglers are bullshitters, but this guy is so far beyond the pale... wow.

Reactions: Bodupp
1 - 11 of 11 Posts