Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a pretty sweet deal if you are buying a new plotter for your boat this spring. http://www.navionics.com/usa/lp/rebate. I found out about it at Bass Pro. You get $50 back when you purchase a new plotter from Lowrance, Humminbird, Simrad or Ray Marine and a Navionics. card. That drops the price down to $99 on their regions card. Bass Pro is also giving $30 off of the cards during their spring sale that is going on now so that makes the card only $69. Just thought I would share this with you.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Our local Bass Pro was flat-out packed on Sunday.

( Left early to avoid traffic, but so did everyone else. )

There's a "Cabela's" less than 10 miles away, but for how long?

Sooner or later, probably sooner, Bass Pro will thin out the stores.

Could be decent discounts when it happens, but not any great deals.

When "Gander Mountain" went under last year, the sale prices sucked.

·
Banned
1,092 Posts
The one in Destin will have items in their sale flyer then when you go to get it, it's not there or sold out. I've seen this about 5 or 6 times and then last week I went checking around the store and the 5 things I cared to look at in their current flyer, they were all out of. A manager awhile back just told me I was out of luck instead of ordering it for me so I don't go there much anymore. Most of the time I can find what I need on Amazon for a much better price.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
The one in Destin will have items in their sale flyer then when you go to get it, it's not there or sold out. I've seen this about 5 or 6 times and then last week I went checking around the store and the 5 things I cared to look at in their current flyer, they were all out of. A manager awhile back just told me I was out of luck instead of ordering it for me so I don't go there much anymore. Most of the time I can find what I need on Amazon for a much better price.
Amazon is putting a hurting on a lot of businesses.

That's one of the oldest tricks in the book. They use to call it bait & switch. They'll advertise something & when you go to try & buy it they won't have it. Then they'll try to sell you something more expensive.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Amazon is putting a hurting on a lot of businesses.

In addition ... if you can't find it on Amazon, it might be on Ebay.

Saw an Okuma reel on Ebay with an upgraded rotor & a spare spool.

The only catch ( pardon the pun ) is that it gets shipped from Lithuania.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts