Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<SPAN class=posttext>Are the prices for boats at Bass Pro Shops negotiable?? Will they come down on the sticker price, and if so what range can I expect?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had heard thatBass Pro Shops isa "one price store" or a "no haggle store". I just wanted to make sure that was true.

I'm looking at their Mako 18LTS. I went yesterday and talked to the guy. I was looking at a 2009 model and the 2010s are coming out soon. The sticker said it was marked down by $500 already, but I figured they just put that on there to try and sell them. While he was showing me the boat and going over it and stuff he said, "Now, I didn't tell you this but I can ask my boss when he gets in tomorrow if he'll come down $300 on the price." I went ahead and had him do a sales quote and while he was writing it I said can you just ask if he'll come down $500. The "boss guy" called me back today and said he could do the $500 off. That's really not much on a $22,000 boat, but it's something.

I just wanted to make sure I shouldn't have asked for like $2,000 off and that I wasn't getting whamboozled by paying that close to the sticker price. Sounds like I'm probably not. Now I just have to decide if I'm actually going to buy it...

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
a friend of mine's dad boat a 08 boat a few months ago from there and it was the last one and they were moving in the 09s. they knocked off 3,000 or 5,000. i can remember which one but for a fact they knocked off. he got a heck of a deal on a 17 ft tracker boat and trailer loaded.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
i think those are sweet-looking rigs. at that price it sounds you went with something bigger than a 50 hp? i've seen them w/ 90s. was wayne the "boss guy?" good luck with that. prior model years are always different and you should have a better chance.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, "the boss" guy's name is Wayne Coles. I've had my eye on that boat since it came out. It looks pretty sweet. I'll probably ask them to come down even more on the price. All they can do is say no.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts