Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the bay in 12" of water near the I-10 bridge. Me and a good friend launched Sunday morning out of Archie Glover and headed around the corner. Trout were everywhere and provided plenty of action. Decided to bust out the Fly rod and see if anything was interested. Caught a small trout on the 3rd cast and proceeded to move down the shoreline when the cuda hit. At first, thought it was a nice trout until he was boatside and got a look at him. Ended up catching plenty of speckled trout, a redfish, and one flounder (my first inshore slam though the flounder was too small to keep)who hit a Rapala twitch bait of all things. Weird but beautiful morning on the water. Finger mullet where everywhere. I will post pics as soon as i figure out how.

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,182 Posts
VERY COOL catch on a fly!!!:clap:clap:clap

Here's some 'cuda trivia for you. Even though their teeth look all random and snaggle-toothed all barracuda have the same pattern!!!:) (Adults anyway)

And you can sell 'em whole for about $2.00 a pound in Guam.

Jim

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
You might find it interesting to know that your cuda is almost full grown. It is a smaller species called a guaguanche ( I don't know how to pronounce it either) they only get to about 18 inches or so in length and are pretty common in our area. I've caught quite a few of them in little lagoon in gulf shores and in terry's cove in OB. You don't catch them that often because of they're small size and small mouth.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tuna,

good call. looked it up on the internet and sho nuff. I learn something new everyday.....:letsdrink

Nick

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Now that is cool.

Down in south Florida I have caught what I thought to be small Baracuda, but I was told they were Sennet. I don't know the difference, and there can't be much different about them they practiacally look identical. I do understand that Sennet are great table far where as I wouldn't hit a Hog in the Butt with aBaracuda.

Great Report R Donkey

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
tunapopper (10/22/2007)You might find it interesting to know that your cuda is almost full grown. It is a smaller species called a guaguanche ( I don't know how to pronounce it either) they only get to about 18 inches or so in length and are pretty common in our area. I've caught quite a few of them in little lagoon in gulf shores and in terry's cove in OB. You don't catch them that often because of they're small size and small mouth.
Yup, learn something every day...That is new to me. Nice catch....

When posting multiple photos, scroll to bottom of photo and hit "Enter" key,add photo than repeat and add photo and photos will be as such.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts