Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
41 - 60 of 103 Posts

· Whizzed off realist
2,559 Posts
Do any other object to this "rating" system that encourages members to 'serial' post? Its like members post the same way some people just talk until they have something to say. There are also many over-cooked icons such as the idiot smiley face holding up the beer mug. That one insults my intelligence and just evokes a feeling that the poster is interested in minimal content and maximum drunk. It gives people who drink a bad name. Some members seem to spend more than 12 hours a day monitoring and posting. And we get to see pictures of their boats everytime they post. There is a lot to like about the forum. But it looks like a lot of members home lives are sufferiing becuase they spend more time on here than with family. 2 morepennies.

Jim

· Registered
4,143 Posts
Burnt Drag (1/23/2010)Do any other object to this "rating" system that encourages members to 'serial' post? Its like members post the same way some people just talk until they have something to say. There are also many over-cooked icons such as the idiot smiley face holding up the beer mug. That one insults my intelligence and just evokes a feeling that the poster is interested in minimal content and maximum drunk. It gives people who drink a bad name. Some members seem to spend more than 12 hours a day monitoring and posting. And we get to see pictures of their boats everytime they post. There is a lot to like about the forum. But it looks like a lot of members home lives are sufferiing becuase they spend more time on here than with family. 2 morepennies.

Jim
You mean this one?:letsdrink

Actually, I think it is a cocktail glass. :poke

· Banned
2,221 Posts
Burnt Drag (1/23/2010)Do any other object to this "rating" system that encourages members to 'serial' post? Its like members post the same way some people just talk until they have something to say. There are also many over-cooked icons such as the idiot smiley face holding up the beer mug. That one insults my intelligence and just evokes a feeling that the poster is interested in minimal content and maximum drunk. It gives people who drink a bad name. Some members seem to spend more than 12 hours a day monitoring and posting. And we get to see pictures of their boats everytime they post. There is a lot to like about the forum. But it looks like a lot of members home lives are sufferiing becuase they spend more time on here than with family. 2 morepennies.

Jim
if its that big of a problem then go elsewhere.. you're obviously fairly new to this forum and :letsdrink has been round whole lot longer than you have.. i wonder which will last longer

· Registered
56 Posts
BigBrandon (1/23/2010)

Jim

if its that big of a problem then go elsewhere.. you're obviously fairly new to this forum and :letsdrink has been round whole lot longer than you have.. i wonder which will last longer

He's been around longer than you!

· Whizzed off realist
2,559 Posts
Oooo Oooo did Captian Jim step on someones itty bitty toe... I know damn well who I am. I was here before this forum and will be here until i assume room temp. I am not a new member. I just dont make this forum my only outlet in life. Really, the posts should be rated in quality, not quantity. You can have the pelts of a million rats and still not be able to produce a fur coat. NOMESANE?

· Registered
488 Posts
Freespool (1/23/2010)I wonder what Hunter thinks about everything? I know I wouldnt want someone like Woody associated with my business
If you've got a personal beef with Woody (which is apparently the root of this WHOLE stinkin' mess), then take it up with him. Personal is personal, don't mess with someone's job.:nonono

Fact of the matter is, Woody's good at what he does (that would be that fishing thing that he does), obviously you have some sort of issue with that. Whatever the hell goes on between youand Woody, and whoever else doesn't have a damn thing to do with Hunter, or anyone else for that fact. Grow up and deal with your personal issues like an adult (which, by the way, doesn't mean calling someone's boss to tattle on them):banghead. When you grow up and have your own business to run, then perhaps you can decide who you want to have associated with your business -until then, let other people worry about how to run their business, and who they wish to have working for them.

· Fishing Goddess
1,078 Posts
Freespool (1/23/2010)I wonder what Hunter thinks about everything? I know I wouldnt want someone like Woody associated with my business
What...you mean he wouldn't want someone that knows how to catch fish... whywouldyou even care what Hunter thinks... have you spoken with him...hummmm...makes one wonder....have you madephone calls to someone's boss....that is a cheap shot and a low blow if you stooped to that low of a level...:nonono it's sort of like the pot calling the kettle black....why you would even post something like this... oh...I get it...you just like to stir the pot every now and then.....:banghead

I doubt Hunter could give a rat's a$$ what you think...get a life and stop worrying about Woody... this reminds me of the 8th graders that I teach...all that he said...she said stuff...

· Registered
4,261 Posts
:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink

:toast:toast:toast:toast:toast:toast:toast

:mmmbeer:mmmbeer:mmmbeer:mmmbeer:mmmbeer:mmmbeer

:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink

some upstanding citizens of sas-si-i-tie

· Registered
4,143 Posts
Jamielu (1/24/2010)
You mean this one?:letsdrink

Actually, I think it is a cocktail glass. :poke [/quote]

Dude, come on! We just took a vote over here, and we've got three who say that's a Collins glass!!!:poke:poke[/quote]

Why yes, I do believe you're correct.:letsdrink :letsdrink:letsparty

As far as the issue at hand, I did not see the posts immediately leading up to the banning so I really can't judge one way or the other. I would have to assume that they were much worse than the onesmade in the past under thatscreen name, otherwise what would be the point of banning him now.I know there were alot of people who were disappointed to find out that it was him, but I wouldhope that he didn't get banned for the offense of having his identity exposed by someone with a personal vendetta against him.The list of people hiding behind a screen name to talk s**t on this forum is, I'm sure, quite extensive. Just my $0.02

· Registered
848 Posts
Well, here's my 2 cents worth. I remember years ago when alot of good fishermen got on this forum and exchanged ideas and tactics, as well as posting reports. ALOT of them have ceased to get on here just because of silly, immature crap like this. There are a few on here taht act like a bunch of old women, gossiping, and stirring up sh*t. It really is a shame because the forum has alot of great things to offer and I used to really enjoy using it. As for Woody, he has always been a standup guy to me. He is the only person who has ever bought a puppy from me that did what he said he would do and keep in touch, send pictures and updates on his pup! Also, anytime we are going to Louisana to fish, he tries to be as helpful as he can to give us good information on where the bite is. I think we should reserve judgement based on our personal experiences and not what he or she said! Maybe you have to be a little older to appreciate this philosophy. Why don't some of you guys pick up a rod or a gun or a net, some of these conversations would be more suited for E-TV, or Dear Abby!

· Fishing Goddess
1,078 Posts
Sam Roberts (1/24/2010)I got freespool 100%!!!<U>he's</U> a good friend of mine and I see where <U>he is</U> coming from. <U>But banning him</U> is a bit extreme, but I guess<U> hes</U> got to be that example!?!?!
You have "Freespool" 100%....??? oh please do tell.... this should be good... am I to take it then that <U>you</U> would actually condone calling someone's employer to "let them know what Kind of person" they have hired.... better hope you don't piss off your little buddy.... then <U>your</U> employer might be the recipent of a phone call from our forum's very own self appointed "moral compas"

Who would be the example....are you referring to Woody....or is it Freepool...your grammer has me a bit perplexed...all this he/himstuff you have going on...with the ? and the ! I am not sure if you are questioning it or just all excited about it... but I do see there are only 2 of these ? and there are 3 of these!!!

Do either of you actually know Woody? like have you met him...know him personally??? just asking...

I say ban Freespool and bring back Woody.... :moon

· Fishing Goddess
1,078 Posts
big blue (1/24/2010)Well, here's my 2 cents worth. I remember years ago when alot of good fishermen got on this forum and exchanged ideas and tactics, as well as posting reports. ALOT of them have ceased to get on here just because of silly, immature crap like this. There are a few on here taht act like a bunch of old women, gossiping, and stirring up sh*t. It really is a shame because the forum has alot of great things to offer and I used to really enjoy using it. As for Woody, he has always been a standup guy to me. He is the only person who has ever bought a puppy from me that did what he said he would do and keep in touch, send pictures and updates on his pup! Also, anytime we are going to Louisana to fish, he tries to be as helpful as he can to give us good information on where the bite is. I think we should reserve judgement based on our personal experiences and not what he or she said! Maybe you have to be a little older to appreciate this philosophy. Why don't some of you guys pick up a rod or a gun or a net, some of these conversations would be more suited for E-TV, or Dear Abby!
well said..

· Premium Member
2,697 Posts
for all of ya'll that think ya'll are good friends of woodys, think again. i thought me and him were friends, until he used his fake screenname the other night to talk shit about my girlfriend to try and provoke freespool into saying something to piss me off. basically woody was sending me messages on facebook accusing travis of being the one that was saying the stuff, when in fact it was woody. so no the root of the problem wasn't travis, it was woody...and yes it did almost come to blows between me and travis but luckily we talked about it and figured out the truth and who it was, the trace of the IP address later confirmed who it was. so yea if you're "friends" with woody...just watch your back because he will try and stab you in it and use you to do his dirty work. once again he's a sorry low life sack of shit, and he gets everything that comes his way, and then some

· Registered
4,974 Posts
Everyone wants the forum to be a better place and go back to the way it use to be...well here is a good starting point!!! ban his ass and keep it that way...somebody else pulls the same garbage as him ban them...you start banning people then others get the point qnd the forum goes back to the way it use to be....and as far as woodys boss...he has said several times he didnt get on the forum becasue he didnt want any drama to get back to his boss and then he has a alter ego! sounds a little 2-faced to me...and i think he boss should know what kind of person he has working for him....would any of you want somebody who is like that working for you and portraying your companies image like that??? would say not! if everyone wants the forum to go back to the happy go lucky place it use to be then the mods need to step up with a FAIR iron fist and put it back where it needs to be....and stop giving everyone 10,000 chances...people dont change....am i a little brash?? yes i am but i say what i think and will say the same thing to somebodies face as i will on here....have i been banned?? yes i have and if i do again i understand i did something wrong and will go on about my day. if everyone wants the forum to be like it use to be then this needs to be the start and get rid of the trouble and hopefully the old members will come back and start to post again

· Registered
964 Posts
on the rocks (1/24/2010)
big blue (1/24/2010)Well, here's my 2 cents worth. I remember years ago when alot of good fishermen got on this forum and exchanged ideas and tactics, as well as posting reports. ALOT of them have ceased to get on here just because of silly, immature crap like this. There are a few on here taht act like a bunch of old women, gossiping, and stirring up sh*t. It really is a shame because the forum has alot of great things to offer and I used to really enjoy using it. As for Woody, he has always been a standup guy to me. He is the only person who has ever bought a puppy from me that did what he said he would do and keep in touch, send pictures and updates on his pup! Also, anytime we are going to Louisana to fish, he tries to be as helpful as he can to give us good information on where the bite is. I think we should reserve judgement based on our personal experiences and not what he or she said! Maybe you have to be a little older to appreciate this philosophy. Why don't some of you guys pick up a rod or a gun or a net, some of these conversations would be more suited for E-TV, or Dear Abby!

well said..

Is this a call out for you miss? I never meant to stur things up! If anything I was saying its a little extreme to ban the guy! The reason I said I stood behind freespool 100% because he is my friend and didn't want to insult him. Ive never met this woody guy! Cool your jets old wise one!

41 - 60 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.