Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So whats the deal on the Ban on the Bowfishing around the bridge over at the next county?

I don't Bowfish, but don't like to see things taken away.

What is the reasoning?

"Something" Must have happened to make this Ban get voted on.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I'm not aware of this, do you have any more info?

·
Super Moderator
13,462 Posts
Well when you bow fish right where EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON. That enters navarre beach can see you, what do you expect? The powers that be don't want 10k people a day seeing a couple neckfaces shooting their bows right by where they drive.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
595 Posts
I was at the BOCC meeting Thursday and the County Commissioners voted not to stop Bow fishing. They said the FWC was the agency that controls that item...

·
Registered
868 Posts
I was at the BOCC meeting Thursday and the County Commissioners voted not to stop Bow fishing. They said the FWC was the agency that controls that item...
The news this morning reported that they passed the ordinance 4-1 to prohibit bow fishing from the bridges.
Some of the beach folks complained that it hurts tourism and people might be in fear for their lives.
Although it has never been a problem, no one have ever been shot, only a handful of people participate in the sport and it is fully legal to do so anywhere else in Fl.

You are more at risk to step in from of a moving vehicle, that is being driven by someone on their phone or looking at the beautiful beach scenery, and being killed around those bridges.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
I wish they would ban it on the Coosa river up here is Central AL. The 'necks up here shoot any damn thing they see and then throw it back in the water. It is a major tourism area here (no I'm not in the business) and you cant float the 6 miles or so of river without seeing a dozen or more rotting carcasses with arrow holes in em. If you shoot em, take em home and eat em.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts