Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bearded Brotula
11,769 Posts
Blessing. Keep a shit ton of folks away from Canal Park, Boggy Point and Cotton Bayou. All of them are overcrowded as it is.

·
Registered
262 Posts
At one point they had talked about 12-15 individual ramps and almost 500 parking spaces. Of course, Orange Beach was against it. I guess somehow they figured it would cut into their revenue stream, but like was said, Orange Beach doesn't have the infrastructure for the boats they get now.

·
Premium Member
9,829 Posts
I’ll be glad when they do it. I need to come to Boggy Point and work on my trailer on the boat ramp. May polish it while I’ve got my boat off of it and tied up in everyone’s way.

·
Bearded Brotula
11,769 Posts
I’ll be glad when they do it. I need to come to Boggy Point and work on my trailer on the boat ramp. May polish it while I’ve got my boat off of it and tied up in everyone’s way.
I've got to recarpet my bunks. I'm just waiting for it to cool down. We can meet up and have a boat repair day.

·
Premium Member
9,829 Posts
I've got to recarpet my bunks. I'm just waiting for it to cool down. We can meet up and have a boat repair day.
Hell yeah. We’ll clog up both ramps.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was thinking it may be fun to see how many rental kayaks we can get together on the Boggy Point ramp, then all mosey across the way to the island. We could invite seven or eight people who have never done it before and give them lessons right there. Who’s in?

·
Registered
505 Posts
I’m glad I’m out of the barge unloading business; we unloaded directly across from there and it will become a cluster f with all the new idiots in a narrow confined area. When the push boats turn perpendicular and hold barges against the south bank to get unloaded, it’s going to wreak total havoc on this new ramp facility. I can’t wait to hear all the complaints.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I’m glad I’m out of the barge unloading business; we unloaded directly across from there and it will become a cluster f with all the new idiots in a narrow confined area. When the push boats turn perpendicular and hold barges against the south bank to get unloaded, it’s going to wreak total havoc on this new ramp facility. I can’t wait to hear all the complaints.
The Corps still has to approve it. They're not big on congestion either. I'm hoping they block it. Waaay to close to home and a fishing hole or three.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Way overdue. Be glad when it's in

·
Registered
69 Posts
i got to boggy point a few weeks ago at 6:30 in the morning not a single spot left and cotton bayou was at about 75%. I've been fishing the gulf since the mid 90's. I remember when you may not see a boat out there all day. All these 20 year boat loans we need more ramps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts