Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything about this. I got an email this morning saying "Deer hit by a car between Cr 6 and Cr 8 South of Foley".

·
Registered
82 Posts
I thought it looked strange as well buta guy I work with lives where the car hit the Deer and he said everyone there was in shock. That is close to the BonSecour management area and who knows there may be more in there. Amazing what them oysters and mullet do to the deer.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Sounds legit. The guy that picked it has a thread on aldeer.com about it. He didn't hit it, but was behind the person that did so it seems.

STUD for sure!:bowdown

·
Registered
862 Posts
seed deer from Minnesota were planted in south Baldwin county in the 1950's by a the south baldwin hunting club, then after waiting 20 some odd years they opened deer hunting south of hwy 98

The south baldwin hunting club usually killed a few of these big body monsters every year until the club was closed when they lost most of thier leases, most of them were killed down around Josephine and back west of there to miflin area and then east to perdido beach

Well, back in the 70's it was dog hunting only and still hunting and rifles were against the club rules

I think we helped spread the genetics around the area chasing them with with dogs, and I think the sorrento legend was also genetic offspring from the Minnesota deer that eventually swam across perdido bay

the deer on the west side of wolf bay in Mulberry Point would often run west and with a good cold nosed dog that would stay on a track for days and days the deer would often cross hwy 59

So, those light colored big bodied deer with monster racks were oftern killed side by side with the dark grey swamp deer that were natives. seeing the 2 side by side hanging in the skinning shed you could easily see the differance

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
This is the other one... This is from aldeer.com

This deer was killed in Baldwin County on Jan 30. Typical 12 pt with 4 non typical tines. This is one of the better deer to have ever come from this county.

he other one

·
Registered
862 Posts
The hide (hair coat)on the deer in the original post kinda looks like it's from summer time or a warm climate

·
Registered
383 Posts
Lots of farming down that way! I hear stories every year of big bucks over there, one of the longest spurred turkeys ive ever seen came from over there too!

Everyone would probablly crap ther pants if they really knew how many giants walked around there hunting land that you never see or get a picture of!

·
Auburn Grad - 1999
3,548 Posts
If it was hit by a car they gut shot it after the fact. That deer looks huge to me...like a 225+lb deer. I'll have to see more proving picts or more proof before I beleive it.

The 2nd buck I can see that deer being from Alabama. It's big too but just has more Alabama buck characteristics.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Nat -- +1 - deer brought into Baldwin co....South Baldwin Hunting Club. (dog hunting).... I did belong to Lillian Swamp Hunting Club - we hunted north of 98 ..some deer in Baldwin &different parts ofAlabamacame from different northern states in the '50s - '60s. knew members of South Baldwin club - one shot/killed a big 12 pt if i remember right (point size) --just down Josephine roadsouth of98 - Poppy

1 - 20 of 42 Posts