Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a Citica in the amazon sale for really cheap and looking to pair it up with a good rod. Not trying to spend more than $100.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I've got an extra Daiwa Ballistic 7' MH cast rod, new in wrapper, and some other used 6 1/2s that would work.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I should have specified, I'm looking for suggestions. I live in Atlanta so I can't really buy local.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I went to Academy today in Dalton, Ga looking for a rod to match up with my Citica (amazon). I saw lots of choices, from $25 -$100 and finally bought a Berkley cherry wood 7' rod for $25. I brought it home and compared it to a 7' Allstar that I have, and it looks and feels just as good. Appears to have the same handle, nicer guides, and finished as nice. I put my citica on it with a 1/4 oz rattletrap and it is going to be a good match for me. I have ordered 3 more Citicas from Ebay and may just have to buy 3 more of these rods. My next 3 citicas will be 2 - 6:2 -1 ratios, and 1- 7:1-1 ratio. The one from Ebay was a 5.5-1 ratio, and it is nice, but I think I will like the higher speed reels better for spinnerbait and rattletraps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts