Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming down Blue Angel at 98 around 9:30 PM saw what seemed to be the aftermath of a bad accident. At one point they stopped traffic to let Life Flight land in the intersection. I was routed through McDonalds, then stopped as the helicopter landed. I got a bird's eye view of Life Flight and the Paramedics as they worked. All I can say is I was in awe of how efficient the rescue teams worked and conducted themselves. I watched as a well oiled machine worked in unison to help aperson in need. It is clearly something that I could never do as my emotions would cloud my judgement and not allow me to perform. My hats off to the people involved last night, for truly if something bad would happen to me, I would want those responsible last night to be by my side. Fine work Ladies and Gentlemen, Fine Work.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<SPAN class=story_headline id=headline3>I think this might be the story that I just found on WEAR website

<SPAN class=story_headline>Motorcycle Stunt Leaves Man In Critical Condition
<P class=story_copy><SPAN id=text3>PENSACOLA - Authorities are now saying a motorcycle accident that left a man in critical condition yesterday was caused by a stunt gone wrong.

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, Nathan Marbut of Alvarado Texas was traveling at a high rate of speed when he tried to pop a wheelie. Deputies say the 21 year old motorcyclist lost control of his bike on Highway 98, sending him skidding nearly 300 feet.

Marbut was airlifted to Sacred Heart Hospital.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Watched a lady yesterday just point blank ran a red light no yellow orfixing to turn Red was BRIGHT RED and went rightthrew it . This was also on Blue Angle just because it is green make sure you look both waysfor that one idiot wanting to kill someone.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
If the people that were on life flight read this post Im sure they will greatly appreciate you commenting so nicley. :toast

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
curtpcol (12/14/2007)Watched a lady yesterday just point blank ran a red light no yellow orfixing to turn Red was BRIGHT RED and went rightthrew it . This was also on Blue Angle just because it is green make sure you look both waysfor that one idiot wanting to kill someone.
Thats why it's best to stop for caution lights if you can. Many anticipate and try to time the light so they can blast through the intersection as it turns green.

Hats off to the lifeflight crewand those on the ground for a good job.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Thank You for the kind words. It was indeed a bad one. We (Escambia co EMS) are very lucky that we Have Great co-workers in the lifefllight service and the local FD's(I tell ya, I been around the world and our City and Countyfirefighters are THE BEST ANYWHERE). I was not on that call (I was onanother callat the moment) but my buddy who was the medic called me immediatly afterwards to give me the details. It is nice to hear a kind word versus some of the comments we occasionally hear. Believe it or not,I have actually been yelled and cussed at for "holding up traffic" during these types of calls. My God, If I am putting someone on the helicopter, you can rest assured we are not "holding up traffic" just becausewe are bored, there is Most likely someones life at risk currently. Sorry......just venting :banghead:banghead

Again, thank you for the kind words and I will be sure and pass on the appreciation to the guys.

I know there are Several Fire, Law enforcement and LifeFlight folks who both read and post on here, so to themI say....................................................................................................................:bowdown Thanks Guys, I couldn't do my job without y'all!!!!:bowdown

·
Registered
390 Posts
we in the emergency room greatly appreciate the awesome work the EMS and all the flight crews do. they get their patients to us with the best care someone can get at 80mph. even though we bitch at them for keeping us working.:toast

·
Registered
261 Posts
David Ridenour (12/14/2007)
curtpcol (12/14/2007)Watched a lady yesterday just point blank ran a red light no yellow orfixing to turn Red was BRIGHT RED and went rightthrew it . This was also on Blue Angle just because it is green make sure you look both waysfor that one idiot wanting to kill someone.
Thats why it's best to stop for caution lights if you can. Many anticipate and try to time the light so they can blast through the intersection as it turns green.

David, I think you're wrong on this. Please DON'T stop at a caution light. That WILL cause an accident, particularly on a high-speed highway. Slow down before a caution light and look both ways. Always be aware of your surroundings and obey signals.

·
Praedator
10,006 Posts
bigfishrookie (12/17/2007)
David Ridenour (12/14/2007)

David, I think you're wrong on this. Please DON'T stop at a caution light. That WILL cause an accident, particularly on a high-speed highway. Slow down before a caution light and look both ways. Always be aware of your surroundings and obey signals.
I think he meant a normal yellow light. Not the flashing yellow, caution lights. Stopping at a flashing yellow caution light can and does cause accidents.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Ah- Makes sense. Thanks for pointing that out. Sorry David- I thought this was unusual for you. Good point, now that I see it. I always stop at a changing light as you're right- people will try to time the light.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
FishingMedic,

Does a Life Flight in P'cola really save that much transportation time?

I'm a Vol FF in Walton, they use Life Flight at a drop of a hat over here. But we have no real hosipital within 45 minutes. Well, someplaces you could get to Crestview within 30 minutes.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
When you are talking about a critical call....yes it can make a difference. You have to realize that when we have a critical call and it is a distance out...They are dispatched when we are; therefore they are arriving at about the same time. We stabilize and hand them over to them for transport. If There would be any delay in them getting to us or if we can transport faster than they can lift and get to us...we transport. The basis for having them transport is severity, distance to hospital and transport time. It is not because because they can "do more" as is a popular misconception. :letsdrink

1 - 13 of 13 Posts