Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done them every way I know poissble! Fried, Broiled, Grilled wrapped bacon etc etcJust wanting to try something different anyone got some good recipeces they like to pass on! Thanks

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I used cube steak to make venison stroganoff last night. You can do the same with the backstrap by slicing into thin strips. I used the recipe below as a guideline, but put my own variation on it...onions, mushrooms, cream of mushroom soup, liption onion soup pack, sherry, butter, season to taste and then the sour cream. It was the bomb.

Browned the venison in some butter, set it aside. Used a little red wine vinegar to de-glaze the pan, more butter, onions and mushrooms til they get soft. Add the rest of the ingredients except for the sour cream. Throw the venison back in, simmer covered for 30 minutes. Add sour cream at last minute before serving. Put over egg noodles...whoo, damn it was good. Just had leftovers for dinner.

http://www.grouprecipes.com/78806/venison-stroganoff.html

·
Super Moderator
7,089 Posts
I have always wanted to butterfly one, stuff it, tie it upand toss it on the smoker. Might give that a try this weekend.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Cajun Specialty Meats does a backstrap stuffed with Crawfish Etoufee I've wanted to try.

I just marinade mine in Montreal Steak Seasoning and cook it on a hot grill till it's medium rare.

Ed

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
salt and pepper one. throw it in the crock pot over night. the next day, drain it and smash it up into a pulled pork type meat. add bbq sauce and you have some fantastic Deer BBQ Sandwiches!

take the back strap and cut it into 1.5 in thick pieces. put it in a bowl with some garlic, worchestire, a lil dales, some allegro and let it sit for about 2 hrs. drain and pound it down with a meat pounding hammer until its a lil over 1/4in thick. batter it with flour and fry it inbutter in a frying pan to med rare. WOW! you wont be disappointed! put a lil gravy on it over some rice and itll make you wanna slap ya mamma!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for the tips I have had dry rubbed with some black pepper,salt,garlicforalmost two days,it's about half strap off a doe. I am going to cook it tommrow family emergency tonight so I did not get to cook it.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
butterfly, add cream cheese, pineapple and red bell pepper. wrap with seasoned bacon and grill till med. rare...........enjoy..............tony

·
Registered
325 Posts
CH-47 DR. (2/12/2010)stick a jalepeno pepper in them @ wrap w/ bacon on grill

Put a little cream cheese between the Pepper and backstrap, then wrap in bacon, stick it on a skewer and grill it up!

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
its my favorite way. you wouldn't think that pineapple and bell pepper would go together like that buts its out of this world. when i do cooking for events i do that same thing to pork loin... ...tony hyatt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts