Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I believe that is a ramp on Lake Lanier. I fished out of there back in June.
Yep. Lanier may only offer modest fishing, but there are a gazillion boat ramps.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I should have included, "After launching, pull your empty trailer and vehicle up and park them in an appropriate spot."

Funny story - a couple weeks ago, a fellow on Grand Isle left his truck running and his trailer backed up into the water on the ramp. Guess he was in a hurry to get fishing. Fortunately, it was a very slow day at the ramp and the remaining open lane handled all the traffic.

·
Premium Member
9,628 Posts
I should have included, "After launching, pull your empty trailer and vehicle up and park them in an appropriate spot."

Funny story - a couple weeks ago, a fellow on Grand Isle left his truck running and his trailer backed up into the water on the ramp. Guess he was in a hurry to get fishing. Fortunately, it was a very slow day at the ramp and the remaining open lane handled all the traffic.
Should’ve done everyone a favor and reached in and bumped it into reverse..

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Should’ve done everyone a favor and reached in and bumped it into reverse..
I tried to base my approach on the golden rule, asking myself how I'd want it handled if I had made the same mistake and left my tow vehicle and trailer on the ramp. We rifled through some papers in the truck cab and sent a text to the truck owner letting them know the status and asking what he wanted us to do. He contacted a friend nearby who came and remedied the situation so no one was inconvenienced.

It turned out that the truck owner was a close relative of the marina owner.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts