Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sold my boats last year and finally bought one to get me on the water. Took her out yesterday and had a few issues (expected based on what I paid). Some type of fuel issue, like it was flooded. Sat and fished for a while and she finally fired up. I really hate Honda motors! But I'll run it til it won't run anymore. Then after returning to the hill I realized that one of the front bunks broke. I ended up strapping it in place and was able to load the boat.

Questions.

1. Who's a good Honda mechanic in the area. Going to have the motor serviced as well.

2. I was thinking of doing the trailer repairs myself, at least the wiring, but I don't really have a place to do it, nor the tools to properly do it. Needs the front bunks reattached, some new hardware, recapped the bunks and I'd like to install trailer glides on top of the bunks. So, any recommendations on a trailer repair place in Pensacola? And what do you do with the boat when the trailer is being worked on? I can't imagine that most trailer repair shops have a lift.

Thanks for any advice and/or recommendations

Attachments

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Eddie English for trailer repair, they have a lift. Posner marine for Honda service.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Eddie English in Pace for trailer work. Best around from what I can gather.

·
Super Moderator
28,126 Posts
Skinny water running boat....nice!!! It'll be a good all purpose sled fer ya!!!

If you wanna do the trailer repairs yourself and want to drive to my place, we'll do like me and Kanaka did and launch your boat at a buddy's pond down the road and bring it back to my place and I'll help ya... Just get your laundry list and come on. As fer the Honda, can't help ya there...

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another question. I'm considering getting rid of the poling platform I'll never use it and I prefer clear deck back there. You guys think anyone would be interested?

·
Super Moderator
28,126 Posts
Another question. I'm considering getting rid of the poling platform I'll never use it and I prefer clear deck back there. You guys think anyone would be interested?

Sometimes they sell, I see em alot on all my on line shopping. If you get rid of it free/cheap holler I may practice my SS welding (or is its aluminum I can practice that too!) and make something outta it!:thumbsup::yes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts