Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Missouri today and I must say I had a great hunt. I got to hunt with my Dad for the first time in 3 years and loved every minute of it. We hunted hard and saw alot of deer and mostly small bucks but I finally caught this one chasing a doe on Wed morning. My dad had to work that day, so I went and sat in his stand and wouldn't you know it, after seeing a different smaller buck for the first time this trip, this 13pt came blowing through this brush field around 7:30am. He was chasing this doe so fast that I saw him twice before I could ever get my gun up and ready. I grunted one time and got him to stop but he stopped right behind a tree and I couldn't see him. I watched that spot for at least 5 minutes and never saw him leave. I thought he had chase the doe into another area so I eased back into my seat and just then saw the doe slipping through the cedars and scrub brush and he was about 20 yards behind her. I watched her come through a clearing so I set up on that spot and when he step into it I let the Remington 7mm-08 bark. He mule kicked and ran about 80 yards. Since that moment, I have replayed that whole morning a 100 time fold. That’s the reason we as hunters enter the woods every fall just for that few moments that take your breathe away. I hope you enjoy this because I did.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Dang, what a stud.

·
Super Moderator
29,531 Posts
Heck YEAH!!!!!! Sweet looking critter! Big ole congrats! You didn't tell your ole man you were in his stand, did ya??? Hahahaa!!!

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Very nice hunt you had, and even better a few days with Dad....thanks for sharing Shane.....a real stud for sure :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts