Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Umpqua river for 11 hours today, easily 100+ fish. Biggest went 3lbs 5oz

For awhile they were slamming a spro rat swimbait, cast it into a tree shadow and immediately rip it out towards deeper water, whole school behind it, fastest one gets it.

Very similar to black/mangrove snapper, but much stronger especially in the current.

Lots of fish on a ned rig crawfish

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Smallmouth are such awesome fish. No quit in them. What a day you had, to say the least.

Reactions: NKlamerus

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Smallmouth are such awesome fish. No quit in them. What a day you had, to say the least.
Definitely!

I actually fished the same spot on memorial day as well, 2 guys and another 100 fish each but smaller, I had an idea off what I was getting into and where the larger fish were this time.

The umpqua itself is known for smallmouth, pretty sure they are invasive, but they absolutely took over the river in no time

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
that is some beautiful country up there and the fishing looks awesome. paradise no. 2.
jack

·
Super Moderator
29,543 Posts
Sweet!!!! I've caught a few up here in Bryson City NC but no where close to those good uns.. I did catch a 21.5 inch rainbow today!

Reactions: Bodupp
1 - 9 of 9 Posts