Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got the idea from (ragsfisher) he had a not so attractive one (Florida) and I thought to myself I could really make that look good. Hopefully it will make me more visible and not a target!! GO DAWGS!!!:thumbup:

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,271 Posts
Got the idea from (ragsfisher) he had a not so attractive one (Florida) and I thought to myself I could really make that look good. Hopefully it will make me more visible and not a target!! GO HAWGS!!!:thumbup:
Fixed it for you.

Yes I know, going to be a rough year.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Yep, a target especially on this area! I know I am a target every time I wear my Longhorn hat but hey, I am a Texan through and through. Rock that shit brother!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Had a 7' Penn graphite rod break on me the other day, and figured I could still get some use out of it. Couldn't find an orange safety flag at Bass Pro or Wal-Mart, and then I remembered this thread! Not only are the Gators my team of choice, they also happen to have the closest colors to safety orange. Plan to put it in an extra rod holder or tankwell scupper hole on the yak. Added a $7 energizer LED light to use after dark, only downside was they apparently do not make such a light with a white light in the wand part.

Stay safe on the water and Go GATORS!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They do sell one made by Scotty at academy for 45 bucks. I sawed a 7ft rod down to where the safety light on the white pole fit really snug and put a small screw through the pole into the rod to secure it. It works great I have a picture of it I can post for you later if you want a visual. I have posted it in the general discussion thread about safety flags on yaks about a week ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts