Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out this week with Glastronix on Tuesday, started out a little slow but we found a massive school of little ly and man it was on. We rolled up to smacking sounds every where, and I mean every where. It was so exciting, especiallyafter a few hours of nothing. We brought in a few specks, blue fishand Icaught a good red on top water. After that the bite calmed down and we rolled out.

Decided to go back out Weds, with some friends from Mobile. We went right back to the same spot we saw the bait theday beforeand it was there once again. Again it was getting destroyed by all kinds of fish. First cast I caught a 34 inch red on top water. My friend rivis caught a blue fish, and Rich caught a speckled trout. We continued to work the bait for about a hour and half. By the time it was over we caught 4 reds, 5 specks, 5 blue fish and 5-6 specks. The specks were quality fish, ranging from 20-27 inches. We did not get many pics because the fishing was fast past and none of use wanted to miss an opportunity. I fished top water on both trips and almost all the other fish were caught on suspended or top water baits.

We lost several big trout and a few reds or man we would have seriously brought in some great numbers ofquality fish. I can say these two trips are probably the most exciting trips I have had. If not the best, it is right up there with the others for sure. Not to often you get to experience a feeding massacre in 2ft waters! Watching fins following your top water and then BAM

Here is one pic of my biggest speck, I brought himhome for dinner! His trail is curled andI wear a size 11. Stud trout!

This is my top water, after two trips of being slapped around like a toy!

Oh what fun!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Way to go lighttackle and Glastronix. Are you guys still going at night?

Haven't seen you at 17th? Good story and love the shot of that shot lure!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts