Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to graduate college and I want to use my leftover savings to buy me a nice Avet reel. I recently bought an MXL 5.8 one speed for my dad for his birthday and we haven’t got to use it yet but I already fell in love.
My question is what is the best 2 speed avet that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg (more than 450). I don’t need a huge reel. Just a reel for decent bottom fishing or even some light trolling.
What do you avet guys like to use for basic offshore setup?? Also best place to buy??

·
Registered
965 Posts
A good do-all Avet is the LX Raptor. The MXL Raptor will cover most stuff as well. With the LX, you more line capacity where you can do some light offshore trolling. I usually buy online when they offer 10% promos. Tackledirect, Charkbait are good places to look.

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,080 Posts
I totally agree. I have 2 that are 5 years old and going strong.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have 4 Avet LX reels. They are awesome use them for anything from bottom fishing to trolling to shark fishing. Have caught multiple wahoo on them.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I really like the JX G2 6.0. It's got a 6 to 1 gear ratio, 28 pounds of drag, is light as a feather and tough as nails. I've got mine on a Shimano Trevala 80/100 jigging rod and it's been a real giant killer for me.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts