Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Formerly Hank Hill
839 Posts
Or the I-10 bridge, or Hwy 60 bridge? Not familiar with the Avalon bridge?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
All the bridges named above are good, just depends on time of year, tides, weather, etc.

Access can be a little tricky compared to 3-mile but there are a few good spots to launch if you take your time scouting around with google earth and then go look in person.

Good luck,
Alex

·
Registered
63 Posts
The other day I put in under highway 90 going into Pace down by the swamphouse and joe or jim whoevers fish camp and have to say that it is now one of my favorite spots. Redfish, trout, flounder are very plentiful around the area. Other then getting a 90$ ticket by FWC for not having a life jacket I had a great time out there.

·
Registered
529 Posts
South side area to launch

I live in Polynesian Isles. If you come down College and Right on Duke, then the first left, it will take you down to the water. The opening to our canal system is right in that area and it is a short paddle/peddle to the bridge. The road goes into an undeveloped area (house wise) and we have plenty of fisherman who use that area. We hit the canal opening at tide change and catch specks, white trout, and whatever bites. We peddle out to the bridge occasionally.

Cheers,

Bob

·
Registered
947 Posts
+1 on the Garcon boat ramp.

There is a kayak launch on Hwy 90 on the east side of the river. Look for the Simpson River fishing pier / dock. It's free - Jim's charges $4 and has not been real friendly to me... Work south of the bridge on the shoreline or in the grass.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
+1 on the Garcon boat ramp.

There is a kayak launch on Hwy 90 on the east side of the river. Look for the Simpson River fishing pier / dock. It's free - Jim's charges $4 and has not been real friendly to me... Work south of the bridge on the shoreline or in the grass.
Jims has never been nice to anyone. I refuse to give them a penny.

·
Registered
894 Posts
The other day I put in under highway 90 going into Pace down by the swamphouse and joe or jim whoevers fish camp and have to say that it is now one of my favorite spots. Redfish, trout, flounder are very plentiful around the area. Other then getting a 90$ ticket by FWC for not having a life jacket I had a great time out there.
one of my favorite places. i throw a mullet net there all the time and ive caught more different species of fish there than anywhere else i go. i always catch something there.

·
Topwater Addict
487 Posts
I'm launching out of Simpson River pier this afternoon as fast as I can get there from work. Last time I went out of there storm rolled in, hoping for some luck this afternoon.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I live in Polynesian Isles. If you come down College and Right on Duke, then the first left, it will take you down to the water. The opening to our canal system is right in that area and it is a short paddle/peddle to the bridge. The road goes into an undeveloped area (house wise) and we have plenty of fisherman who use that area. We hit the canal opening at tide change and catch specks, white trout, and whatever bites. We peddle out to the bridge occasionally.

Cheers,

Bob

I've been down there a few times before, I don't know if everytime i've just not been at the right time or what but I've never caught anything down there. I've heard about alot of nice reds and trout but still never seen it.
When is the best time to fish there?

·
Registered
529 Posts
No expert, but I have fun

I usually hit the mouth of our canal system and anchor up a bit. Then I move out to #15 or 20 and play out there. Some guys swear by the bridge and I have seen quite a bit of activity on the FF, but haven't landed much. Then again, it is just me. I use pin fish and gulp shrimp when I go usually that far. I have used sand fleas at the center of the bridge when I fish their structure and have done OK with the sheepshead. Their are supposed to be some monster reds in that area farther out.

For the mouth of the canals during tide change, I hit it with some spanish rigs (double fly like 1/4 oz. rigs). I have landed some nice white trout and spanish in the area. If I take my wife, I am sure she will do bettter than me!

Soon, I will be mobile with my new racks and will hit the 3MB and try to join the gang out at Navarre!

Cheers,

Bob

·
Registered
177 Posts
No expert, but I have fun

boatnbob - I checked out your recommendation for using the canal area since I live in Tiger Point. Although your directions took me right to the area, I was a little concerned about leaving my trailer unattended while I am kayaking/fishing. Any theft issues? Can you park in the culdesac, or should I park in the grassy area? Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts

Cheers,

Bob

Hi Bob. Thanks for your post. I live about two miles from the area you mentioned and have scouted it out several times but never fished it. Would have to wade it as I do not have a kayack yet. Was wondering where you get your tide info from and what adjustments you have to make for the Garcon Point area. I am assuming that you start with the Pensacola Pass tides and add/subtract from those times.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts