Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
licensed captain/yellow card looking to relieve others?

I have been running boats in the cleanup for the last 3 weeks for parsons, the boat I was operating for a friend had catostrophic mechanical problems and got de-activated, so im looking for possible another boat to run for someone who cannot/doesnt want too... it has been quite hot...

i'd be interested in relieving someone as well, i've seen some of these guys out there that have been working 8+ hour days for the last few weeks, everyone needs a day off....

I know the drill on check-in, keeping the logs, been a task force leader, and decon processes

thanks guys

·
Registered
9,689 Posts
licensed captain/yellow card looking to relieve others?

I have been running boats in the cleanup for the last 3 weeks for parsons, the boat I was operating for a friend had catostrophic mechanical problems and got de-activated, so im looking for possible another boat to run for someone who cannot/doesnt want too... it has been quite hot...

i'd be interested in relieving someone as well, i've seen some of these guys out there that have been working 8+ hour days for the last few weeks, everyone needs a day off....

I know the drill on check-in, keeping the logs, been a task force leader, and decon processes

thanks guys
Please explain the decon process.

·
Whizzed off realist
2,528 Posts
The decon process is in place to assure that the VOO boats or any other boats for that matter do not drag a bunch of contaminated oil product to the inner areas such as Sabine, Texar, Chico, Big Lagoon etc.
The Steven Dann tug and the Santa Rosa crewboat are part of the Escambia crew, another "Dann" tug is manning the perdido Pass.
They check your boat visually. If you are fairly clean, they wave you on. If you are nasty, they wash the boat off with pressure washers. It's tough not to yell at the guys, they are doing the best they can. They have bumped us a couple of times, but BP will help us with any permanant damage. No damage so far to our boat.
Patience Patience and more Patience.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Go to the Suburban Lodge on Barrancas and give the front desk your data. TMS just moved into town with more boats than captains. The coordinator was calling around yesterday looking for captains. I think they're skimmer boats.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
to be clear, I dont need to borrow a boat, i dont know how to get your boat activated,
my intent was to let people already activated know i am available to fill in/run their boat, i am working everyday now, sometimes captain of the boat, other times I'll deckhand, I was running a boat full time, this is what im really looking for, but again that boat is out now, I have yellow card, captains license, several weeks experiance out there, so i know the drill/protocol, I personally own a 26ft center with twins, last boat i ran was a 31 sportfish, Im very comfortable on anything around that size

thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am glad you are working, care to introduce yourself? What boat do/did you captain and where are you from?

working but looking to improve, reall would like a steady gig......

born and raised in gulf breeze, know the local waters like the back of my hand

still looking for opportunities

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
working but looking to improve, reall would like a steady gig......

born and raised in gulf breeze, know the local waters like the back of my hand

still looking for opportunities
i think he ment what licenses do you hold? what you can/have run...kinda hard for people to hire you when they dont know what you can do

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think he ment what licenses do you hold? what you can/have run...kinda hard for people to hire you when they dont know what you can do

100T captain, yellow card, ran several recreational boats from 17ft to 36ft, not really looking to run anything larger

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
still looking for work.....thanks for all the inquiries, would rather work for local/private, not sure i want to get involved with the out-of-town huge contractors yet

·
Registered
870 Posts
i can tell you that they just put 25 boats on standby here in pensacola that have been working in the gulf as of monday morning

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
I have been waiting since the first of May also. I have finally given up. Fuck it, its a help less cause trying to get on with them now. They have given me the run around for a month and a half.

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
which probably would be never unless, the oil cap comes off... This storm is probably going to take the oil out or bring it in to the beach's.. My vote is it will take it out..

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.