Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<span style="font-weight: bold;">First of all hello everyone ! I spent the better part of 7 hours today in Orange Beach at a vessels of opportunity meeting with the crisis management manager for BP Oil along with several hundred other industry owners and operators. That being said I left the meeting with the attitude that Bp Oil isn't really certain on their plan of attack or how they are going to compensate those of us who's lively hood will be drastically effected by this catastrophe we are about to face. There were several things that were not addressed during the meeting that need attention immediately. <br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">I am in the process of getting the same opportunity for the Pensacola and surrounding area's, only a little more organized and uniformed . I would like the tourism and maritime industry owners and operators/employees to contact me if they would like to attend the meeting when scheduled this does not only pertain to fishing and diving it is the marinas, west marine, electronics sales,para sail, jet ski rental, dolphin cruises, hotels, restaurants, condo owners, sea food retailers etc etc. I know our entire community will be effected by this tragedy but I'm only asking for those that are directly and immediately impacted . <br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">All that said I would like to ask in advance if you plan on attending this meeting to try as much as possible to bottle your emotions so we can get as much information as we can. Today tempers flared and cell phones were non stop and I think it took away from the entire meeting and as much as I know a lot of us would like "we cant kill the messenger" he is our only link to indemnification. <span style="font-weight: bold;">I look forward to hearing from you .<br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">My email address is [email protected] please send contact info to that address

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Hey Paul,, Count me in,, Ive already had customers call and stop the work we were doing on thier boats, since they cant use them they dont want to spend the money,,

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<span style="font-weight: bold;">WOW ! overwhelming response .

I will respond to all of the emails today and put you all in a group email to correspond and keep you informed on the latest updates as I get them as well as post it on the forum.<br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Thanks again also let anyone you know in the industries mentioned if they're not a forum member about the plans for a meeting.

·
Banned
2,215 Posts
Quick question regarding this matter, would I fall under the class that should attend? I work at a tackle shop and am worried that I may end up loosing my job due to lack of business.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts