Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ATTENTION ALL YAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LAST POST!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE A KAYAK THAT WAS FOUND A MONTH AGO IN THE BUSHES NEXT TO MY BOAT LAUNCH.I HAVE POSTED THIS TWICE TO TRY AND LOCATE THE OWNER BUT HAVE A HAD NO BITES.THIS KAYAK RETAILS FOR CLOSE TO 2000 I HAVE NODOUT THAT SOMEONE IS MISSING THIS YAK.I WOULD LOVE TO FIND THE OWNER IF AT ALL POSSIBLE BUT IM NOT GOING TO HOLD THIS KAYAK FOR MUCH LONGER.IT HAS A FEATURE THAT THE OWNER WILL KNOW ABOUT ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TELL ME SOMETHING ABOUT THIS KAYAK AND GET IT OUT MY YARD.IF NOT I WILL BE SELLING IT TO THE FIRST PERSON WITH CASH.IT WILL BE VERY CHEAP AND IT DOES HAVE A DRIVE SYSTEM.I WOULD LOVE TO GIVE THIS KAYAK TO THE TRUE OWNER I HAVE NO USE FOR IT AND IT TAKES UP ALOT OF SPACE IN THE YARD.........

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ATTENTION ALL YAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LAST POST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey this kayak is a 09 hobie mirage revolution.It has a feature that stands out only the owner would know what im talking about.Im going to hold on to it for 30 more days and repost every week after that its sold but i wouldnt sell it for 200 i looked it up online and this one runs around 1800 plus tax.I would realy like to see this kayak go back to its owner.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
RE: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ATTENTION ALL YAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LAST POST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did you find it? The reason I ask is because I would like to change the title of this post and add some tags so that the search engines pick it up and maybe the owner will find the post if he is searching for it if he isn't on this forum.

·
Super Moderator
29,299 Posts

I know it's hard to believe that there are folks that fish that don't belong to this family. So this yak may be stolen property that has been reported. problem is, ifin it's been reported---then you sell it, you "could" face charges if it's discovered (especially ifin it has a "feature" that makes it identifiable). I would suggest calling and talk to property crime detectives in the bordering counties to find out ifin it's been reported....chances are ifin it's a high $$$ yak....it'll be reported....(stolen or loss property). Good luck

·
Registered
188 Posts

take down the serial # and contact Hobie directly, they will tell you what kayak shop sold it too, then contact the kayak shop and they should have a record of the owner. with 2 or 3 phone calls you could probably find the owner.

·
Registered
8,669 Posts

Some good advice here. I don't think I would sell it just because the owner doesn't come forward after a few posts on one forum. You could be opening up a big can of worms. If you don't have room to hold onto it, the police have a big impound yard.

I like the idea of contacting Hobie and find out what shop it was originally delivered to. Shouldn't be hard to track down the owner since it's an expensive kayak.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

didn't key sailing have a hobie or 2 stolen last year? I would contact them.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THANKYOU YOU FOR EVERYONES HELP THE OWNER OF THE KAYAK HAS BEEN FOUND AND IT DID BELONG TO KEY SAILING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
275 Posts

Great know that good people are still out there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts